News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pub Night - Twin Cities!

Started by DeadBishop, May 09, 2008, 12:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auntiegiggles

Thursday sounds like a winner!  I think Blaine maybe out of the way for most people.   
Everything goes better with giggles

Lady Spicer

Now - need a time and place.  Looking forward to it!
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

white trillium

We'll have to miss this one, opening night for Panda's school play is 11/10.  Hopefully next time.
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Marietta Graziella

Thursday works for me!

Pick a location that works for most folks.

I am clarifying because I don't want this to sound snarky or snotty... There was a pub night last year that was scheduled down in Mpls off University to accommodate people from the southern metro area and the only people that showed up were from the northern metro. There's no point is choosing a place in St. Paul (for example) if nobody from St. Paul is even coming. I'm happy to make the drive south if it means more people will attend.

So chime in, folks! It would be great to see each other!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Charlotte Rowan

I"m planning to come. I'm in St Paul, but I don't mind driving-- I just really, really hate the sports bar atmosphere. I'd rather drive farther and go someplace a bit quieter and homier, but in the end it's about the people, not the place, so I'll go where everyone else likes.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Marietta Graziella

I agree with Charlotte Rowan. Pub night at a sports bar = not as much fun.  :-\
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Kiss-me-Kate

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on November 04, 2011, 11:05:44 PM
I agree with Charlotte Rowan. Pub night at a sports bar = not as much fun.  :-\

I second that.   I think Maple Grove/Plymouth/Minnetonka/New Hope/Crystal is a good compromise, because it is off main freeways, and half way for most regular Pub Night attendees. 

How about Axels Bonfire in Plymouth?  It is off 55 and Fernbrook (and 494) at the Comfort Inn .    They have FANTASTIC food.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Toarmod

Synn and I are a mayhap fer Thursday. As far as location.  I'm good with most anything.

Charlotte Rowan

Lady Spicer

The Axel's by our house has some good chocolate type martinis, maybe this one does too!
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

Ms Trish

So Thursday night at Axel's in Plymouth?
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Charlotte Rowan

Lady Spicer

or as early as 6:30?  Course its dependent on getting out of work on time.  But earlier is better for those of us who get up at 5:00
;D
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

Ms Trish

I'll see if I can duct tape the nephews to a chair or something to show up early with ya, Lady Spicer!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Spicer

Would be fun... bring the duct tape with you for those who get out of line... :P
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court