News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help?!

Started by SodaSpill, April 28, 2010, 07:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodaSpill

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around these forums for a few weeks - I love reading about everyone's Ren Fest experiences!  A few weeks ago I auditioned for our local Ren Fest as a violinist, and they recommended I think of a character.

Problem is, I have no idea what to do.

I basically stick to music.  I have no acting experience whatsoever, and though I do write a bit, I have no idea where to start developing a character to actually become.  When I auditioned, they said that my "title" (if you will) would be "Lady (something or other) of the Strings."  Which I think is totally awesome, but I'm not sure where to start in looking for character background.  I have no skills in the way of a Scottish or Irish brogue, but can manage a weak, silly British-type accent. 

So, if anyone has some good name/character resources, or if anyone has been in the same boat and managed to get back to shore, I would love some advice!