News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Flooding closes faire for sat and SUNDAY MAY 1-2

Started by renfairephotog, May 01, 2010, 01:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Quote from: Hibernian on May 01, 2010, 03:08:22 PM
Oh man, two years in a row. Need some stimulus money to build a dike or a wall or something. Good luck to everyone!

Bit of perspective last year was the wettest May on record...We've broke that record in just the first 2 days of the month.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

celtaban

I spent several hours on site this afternoon, cleaning up, and everything looks very good, considering.  I think the storms we had last year did us a favor by bringing down a lot of deadwood.  Either the grounds crew was very efficient, getting the place cleaned up by noon today, or there really weren't a lot of downed branches and trees as a result of the storm.  Even the jousting field, that sometime lake, was almost clear of water.  I saw no downed or damaged tents.  Apart from the mud, and a little bit of standing water, you'd never know there'd been a major storm.  The shops on the upper lane pretty much all had rivers running through them at some point; my tent stakes, which were originally almost flush with the ground, were projecting in the stream's path by about 10".  And the tent had not budged!  Yay, Panther!  Now it's just a question of airing out.  What is it about floods that make things instantly smell like mildew? 

renfairephotog

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear the grounds weren't hurt. I worried about those staying at the campgrounds.
Fairy photographer

Lady Nicolette

Many thanks for the update, we're planning on doing damage assessment later on today.  It's nice to know that it didn't all wash into the patron parking lot!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

renfairephotog

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122796547737476&v=wall

This is a group that will allow people to lend a hand to their neighbors that's been affected by the May Flood in Nashville TN
Fairy photographer