News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Just Curious !

Started by Ozium, May 10, 2010, 06:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozium

I am not here to cause problems but as of the trial we went through last year i thought i understood how
the next years Rendevous faire choosing proccess was to happen. The thread kinda died last year and
we never heard if the changes were to be put into place or not. Maybe i misunderstood something.

I apologize in advance for any feathers i may ruffle with this post, And congrats to CRF!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the rules and regulations as they stand now:

Faires

1.The U.S. will be split into 7 sections:

a.Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York
b.East: Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia, West Virginia
c.Southeast: Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi
d.Midwest: Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa
e.Southwest: Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico
f.West: California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado
g.Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska

2.A faire cannot be considered again for ten years or until the section has been chosen twice.

3.A section cannot be considered for four years. (In other words in 2010 the Southwest section can be in the running but Texas Renaissance Festival cannot be in the running until 2016.)

4.On the slightest off chance that a faire should decide to close it's gates after it has been chosen the faire in 2nd place will get the RenDezvous.

Planning Committee

1.On May 1st, LadyJessica will post what faires are open for volunteers to come forward to say that they would like to plan a RenDezvous.

2.Everyone will have one month in which to announce that they'd like to plan a RenDezvous.

3.In order to be in the running for the RenDezvous the faire must have at least two people to plan the gathering.

Voting

1.On June 1st, LadyJessica will post which faires are in the running for the RenDezvous.

2.A members' vote will only count if they were a member before June 1st of that year and have at least 25 posts.

3.Everyone will have one month in which to place his or her vote.

4.Each member has one vote and one vote only.

5.For that vote to count the member must make the vote themselves. You cannot ask someone to make it for you.

6.Please keep the voting thread to votes only.

7. Votes must be made in the thread. You can not Renmail your vote.

Campaigning

1.After we know which faires are in the running we ask that each person planning the gathering to write up a paragraph or two about why we should choose their faire and to give us general information about the faire; i.e. times, dates, prices, camping, etc.  You can do a write up as a group.

2.These paragraphs will be sent to LadyJessica who will post the paragraph along with who wrote it under one thread, which will remain locked.

3.If you have any general questions about what someone has said please Renmail that person and ask them.

4.There will be no why-my-faire-is-better-than-your-faire politics. If the Mods start to see these posts they will be deleted.

5.If you want to have more people vote for your faire you may post reminders within said faire's section in the forum.

1st Proposed rule change under "Faire"

No section that has already hosted a rendevous or is scheduled to host a rendevous will be considered again until all other sections have had a rendevous or a section that has not had a rendevous fails to propose a faire for selection. 

example:  This would mean that only the Northwest, West and Northeast regions could offer to host the 2011 Rendevous.  Then the vote would be held from the proposed faires from those regions.

If for some reason we fail to get a proposed faire from an area that has not already hosted a rendevous, then the process will be open to the area from the furthest date that held the Rendevous

example:  If for some reason Northwest, West and Northeast all fail to offer to host the 2011 Rendevous, then the offer would be open to the Midwest since it is the furthest area to host a rendevous from the current or proposed.

(this rule will ensure that each section of the country will get a fair shot at hosting the rendevous)

2nd Proposed rule change under "Faire"

A state within a section that has already held a rendevous, will not be eligible to run again until at least one other faire from another state in that section has hosted a rendevoux or if no other state from a section proposes to host a rendevous and the section is eligible, then the same state can propose a faire. 

Example:  When the Midwest becomes eligible again, the State of Minnesota would not be eligible again until at least one other state in that region (Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, or Iowa) has hosted a rendevoux

(this rule will ensure that more states get a fair shot a hosting a rendevous)

3nd Proposed rule change under "Faire"

The following two rules be deleted

2.A faire cannot be considered again for ten years or until the section has been chosen twice.

3.A section cannot be considered for four years. (In other words in 2010 the Southwest section can be in the running but Texas Renaissance Festival cannot be in the running until 2016.)

Under the current rules, Texas can be in the running again in 2015 and although it says that TRF cannot run til 2016, it would be eligible in 2015 because of the rule the section has been chosen twice.  My arguement is still that a section should not be chosen again until all other sections have had a shot at hosting the Rendevous.  Also there are other states in that region (Kansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico) that should have the opportunity to host an event.

Under proposed rule change #2, both Scarby and TRF would be eligible after at least one other state from that area has held a Rendevous but it would be a few years.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Scotsman

Personnally I tire of this subject. I am content with someone just telling me where to go and more importantly the location of the pub at said site.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Merlin the Elder

I've not been a member of R/F long enough to worry about it.  I found this online community a week after RenDezvous 2010 occurred at our home faire. Talk about "a day late..."

But I like the way you think, Scotsman!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

irish

When is the voting deadline and what year are you talking about, to add a faire to....'pick my faire'?  ???
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

LadyJessica

Irish, the faires are not voted on any more, the mods will pick the faire.  If you would like for your faire to be considered all you have to do is go to the child board and post which faire you'd like to host but make sure that you have at least one other person willing to host.  This way we know which faires have willing participants.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)