News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

No Nickel Shakespeare Girls this year, I'm really disappointed

Started by justsomeguytn, April 30, 2010, 10:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justsomeguytn

I just found out that the Nickel Shakespeare Girls will not be performing at the Carolina Faire this year.  I'm really disappointed because they have been one of my favorite acts.  During October they will be at the Maryland Faire however and I think that they are currently at the Georgia faire and possibly the NC faire in Wake Forest.  That's going to mean a scramble for me to try to get vacation time set up to try to see them at another faire.

Master James

Not sure but they usually do at least one weekend if not more at VARF too.  That is a bummer that they won't be there.  I really enjoy them but at least I'll get to see them at some other faires.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Feline Groovy

Yep, they'll be at VARF one weekend this year, June 12-13.  *whew*  I'd hate to miss them, they're a lot of fun! 

Yanno, it might be a lot of fun to set up a duel between them and the Mad Mechanicals -- with Shakespeare as the judge/referee, of course!    ;D
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Malkavian

Dang, always sad to find out who will be absent :(

While I always enjoyed their bits it seemed like they faced a tough crowd at least last year. I hope they make other plans and have a great year, they're a blast to watch.

Lord Cartwright

This year the list is getting long, the NSG, Hither Dither and Yon, Jana Colgin. Starting to wonder who will be there.
>:(

Tammy

I'm VERY VERY VERY sad that Jana won't be there! I just caught her show at GARF this past weekend, and it was INCREDIBLE!! CRF is really missing out on some great talent this year!
I've never caught a Hither Dither and Yon, or NSG show, but I've certainly enjoyed them in the lanes!!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lord Cartwright

From what I'm hearing we can also add Dextre Tripp to the list of who will not be at CRF, haven't confirmed this yet.

Hibernian

Dextre was saying last year that he would not be back for the 2010 run. His comments did not implicate management but that he was perhaps trying to head in a different and "more indoor" style of venue.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lord Cartwright

If it's his choice, that's cool. But I'll still miss his act.   :(

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lady Delaine Kitts

We will miss you guys like crazy!!!!!

(formerly with Hither Dither and Yon, now with Neal and Bob)
Lady Delaine Kitts
Neal and Bob Nobles Gone Wild
Slip'n M'Crack
Proprietor of the Slipidon Inn

Lord Cartwright

The TDWs are already checking out what faries you will be at on Facebook   ;D

Malkavian

I literally JUST found out Jana wasn't going to be around (and popped over here to see if I was missing some news or something)

Had a blast watching Dextre always too :(

marirengrl

My reasons for traveling to this faire were the Ye Olde Nottingham Players (their singing, comic opening gate and pillory act), Nickel Shakespeare Girls (I'll take any of their street bits), and Dextre of course is always, always hilarious~ all of whom will be absent due to the 'management issues' that seem to be growing there.

IMO these acts renewed the magic at Carolina but now it's slipped back horribly to what it was, a very tired fair. Last year the visitors were scarce. The management really needs to back off and look back at these acts and get them back to Carolina before they lose the rest of the acts as well.

Hibernian

Quote from: marirengrl on January 04, 2011, 09:50:03 AM
My reasons for traveling to this faire were the Ye Olde Nottingham Players (their singing, comic opening gate and pillory act), Nickel Shakespeare Girls (I'll take any of their street bits), and Dextre of course is always, always hilarious~ all of whom will be absent due to the 'management issues' that seem to be growing there.

IMO these acts renewed the magic at Carolina but now it's slipped back horribly to what it was, a very tired fair. Last year the visitors were scarce. The management really needs to back off and look back at these acts and get them back to Carolina before they lose the rest of the acts as well.

You are correct these three acts did not play at CRF this past 2010 season. I do remember Dextre announcing he was not returning, but he did not mention management issues rather he spoke of heading in a different direction, namely away from the outdoor stage. I agree they were all very good acts and all were missed.

However, CRF is anything but tired and this past season saw attendance at a record high.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Tammy

I love CRF, and this season was wonderful, even without Dextre and Jana...which are two of my absolute favorites!!