News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My favorite typo...

Started by BarbarianQueen, May 03, 2010, 07:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbarianQueen

Read this on the site and just about busted a gut  ;D

On the Enchanted Forest Renaissance Festival page in the Faire Directory, one can read this juicy bit of information -

"Have your wedding, or a handfisting fit for a King or Queen!"

Apparantly, a festival has finally made good on that promise of an "adult" section... :-[

angusmacinnes

ROFLMFAO that is just too good.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Jessi

That's fabulous!! I friend of mine recently posted on his facebook page that he was taking his girlfrioend and her kid to see "How to Drain your Dragon".  :o :o
I asked if that was a kid friendly movie??
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Rani Zemirah

OMFurreakinG!!!  As a graphic designer I'm just glad I don't have to be there to see that person getting yelled at...  What a horridly funny mistake to make on something that could be seen by tens of thousands, or potentially even hundreds of thousands, of people... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lord Virgo

That is too funny!!!!!  Extreme!!!!
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Bonny Pearl

guess spell check didn't catch that one..... sometimes you have to walk away, come back and read what you have typed with fresh eyes lol!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

dbaldock

That particular typo doesn't actually appear on the Enchanted Forest Renaissance Faire (previously known as the Ingleside Renaissance Faire) web site, which is a good thing since the web site and faire are done by the Ingleside Chamber of Commerce.

I don't know who provided the information for the Faire Directory here on this Forum.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

DonaCatalina

This could be a regular thread. I still like the recent one from the cookbook publisher.
The "Pasta Bible" recipe for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto and freshly ground black people.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Blue66669

Hey Dona, everyone knows that the key to equisite flavor is adding ground black people...
Blaidd Drwg

Bonny Pearl

lol!

i agree this should be a regular thread!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

angusmacinnes

somehow I think it just became that. 

LadyElizabeth

Sometimes I think the funniest ones are the church bulletin typos...  here are a few.

Announcement in the church bulletin for a National Prayer and Fasting conference: "The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals."

Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again" giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale.  It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house.  Don't forget your husbands.

The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.

Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be re-cycled.  Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 pm.  Please use the back door.

Our next song is "Angels We Have Heard Get High."
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Bonny Pearl

'please use the back door'... lmao!  that'll get someone self esteem up!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

angusmacinnes

The Angels are not bound by mans laws.  ;D

Jessi

LMAO!!! I have 3 children who need to be crippled!! Where do I send donations? :D
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

DonaCatalina

Employee's Must wash there hands before returning to work!

Wow, a double score found at a Burger King in Florida.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Somewhere around the house I have an ad cut from the local paper many years ago. It must have been a combination housewares and lingerie sale: "Bras and Gridles, 10% off." (yeah, I realize it doesn't spell griddles correctly...it was the thought that counts!)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

meauho

Quote from: Jessi on May 03, 2010, 07:58:53 PM
...he was taking his girlfrioend and her kid to see "How to Drain your Dragon"...
"New ideas are always suspected, and usually opposed,without any other reason but because they are not already common."

isisdy

I posted on the Phoenix Risen Roster the other day "HEY! where's our rooster keeper". after I read the replies I was a little confused and was about to respond until I looked at what I posted again.....