News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How do you do you hair for faire?

Started by Adriana Rose, May 04, 2010, 05:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

I have been looking at my faire pictures and I have desided to figure out a new way to do my hair. So ladies (and gents) how do you do your hair? Pictures if you have em!

gem

It depends on what I'm wearing. Are you talking fairwear or historically accurate? Noble or wench or fantasy?  You can see my hair in my avatar; it's a bit too long for the style, but it was based on Italian hairstyles (also, I *hated* the way the white caul looked on me; hence the pillbox hat instead):

Here's a hairstyle tutorial that I really like.  I'm having trouble getting a good part in my hair, though:

http://www.lynnmcmasters.com/hairdo.html

And a shot of the nearly-finished style:

Merlin

Ummm..... takes me about 15 minutes to shave it smooth.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Kate XXXXXX

LadyShadow

Usually I just straighten mine or pull the front bit back into 2 small ponytails.  Eventually I will get a good hat or net thingy to use.  But until then...
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

My hair is of medium length. I just put it in a  snood and that is it!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

GirlChris

Depends on the character and the hat I'm wearing

For wenchy peasant, I usually go with pig tails.
H/A Medieval peasant I leave it down but cover it with a veil
For noble I either put it up in a caul or leave it down and wear a hat.
For pirate I mess it up and plop a cavalier hat on top
For pirate-era noble... well, it gets complicated...

Welsh Wench

Long and loose, wild and free!
Or I bundle it up and tuck it under a pirate hat.

And there is such a thing as good bedhead.

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Rapier Half-Wit

I wash it first then shake the water out and let it dry as it falls. Not terribly complicated but it gives me that ancient highland, fresh from the shared pillow of a young maiden look.   ;)
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Lady Renee Buchanan

The way I wear my hair everyday is the way I wear my hair at faire, which is in my profile picture.

However, if I wear noble garb, I wear it in a snood with my French hood.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

DonaCatalina

This is a pretty good shot showing my snood and hat.
I have hair that is almost waist length so its much cooler and simpler if I wear it up in a snood.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

escherblacksmith

depending on the weather (heat and wind) I usually let mine fly free.

--

LadyStitch

I don't like tangles so I typically pull the fringe out of the way with a clip them pull the  back into a pony tail, then braid it with a bow at the end.  However if I want to get artys I do low pig tails, braid them then do princess leia buns.  It makes camping easier.  I can just braid them for the weekend.  Take out the pins in at night, then re do it the next morning for fair.  no tangles, and easy up due to heat.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Elennare

Since I'm an elf, I usually do some variation of fancy braids.  Sometimes I try to do stuff like you (can kind of) see in my avatar (I'm not quite that good at doing it myself yet.  That was done by a professional, for my wedding), sometimes I do LoTR movie inspired stuff, sometimes I do Princess Leia hair, and sometimes I just grab chunks and braid.  :)
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Blue66669

I wear either faire hair, dreads, or my natural afro puff thing, depending on how I am dressed.
Blaidd Drwg