News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"The Pillars of the Earth"

Started by Lord Clisto of York, May 06, 2010, 04:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

appljx

If someone wants to watch this miniseries and doesn't have cable....

It is available on Netflix!  The hubby and I watched it weekly on Netflix, and it's available as "play it now"  :)

Celtic Lady

I loved it. Never read the book but did watch ever episode and found it to be wonderful.

LadyFae

I am SO torked that I can't watch the rest online!  =P  Oh well, now the series is added to my Christmas list!  =)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

mehan

Thankx appljx - Netflix streaming rules.... when at first I added it, I inadvertently added it to my DVD queue and of course is say "unknown" - but going back and carefully adding it to my instant all eight episodes available immediately.   I canna wait!

Lord Clisto of York

I have the series on DVD thanks to some great friends of mine.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

amy

Ok... I am one who has ready the book and the following book "World Without End" and I still loved the series.   I thought the casting was unbelieveably perfect (just a little off on William Hamley for me) but everyone else was perfectly as I imagined them.  I also didn't mind at all the changes they made in the story to move it along more quickly.  Adding the ring thing and Jack's near death experience really didn't bother me at all.   It summed up kind of quickly in the last episode but again.... didn't take away from the spirit of the book and just helped rush you into understanding the characters rather than discovering their personality slowly like in the book. Well done in my opinion.

mehan

Finally able to sit down and get the first two epidodes under our belt... Superb.  Amy's comments are right on target. 

Mairte

I DO want to see this so will have to make a note to put it on my netflix list.