News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tartanic at Bristol

Started by Dinobabe, May 09, 2010, 07:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

I saw Tartanic at GARF today. They are making plans to come to Bristol but are in desperate need of lodging. If you know of some lodging, off or on site, please let me or them know. If someone here knows the management please ask if there are any faire owned booths they could stay in. I know my grandma's old booth had a great back room. It is now a bag toss game. If the faire hasn't made too many changes it would be perfect. They need for at least 4 people.  I know we can come through for them!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Mac

Dinobabe,

Have these guys found a place yet? If they don't find any freebies, check out the rock tower on site.
I know they have rooms for rent, sure very reasonable. Main office at Bristol- 847-395-7773 should have
any info you need, maybe a lead for somewhere else to stay too. Bon chance...Lady Mac
Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

Dinobabe

Thank you.  I just found out 5 seconds ago that they do indeed have places to stay.  They are set and confirmed for the first three weekends of Bristol!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Mac

Awesome! Tartanic rules and certainly draws the crowd. Here's hoping they get a stage, Cheshire,
right by our booth!  ;D
Every Lady too.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Our luck!  We will be there opening Sunday but can't make it back the other 3 weekends in July.  We will try to go every Sunday in August plus Sunday/Monday of Labor Day weekend.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Harlas

Does anyone know if Tartanic has a website?

I did a search and the only one I found was a site that basically said they were disbanding.

So either it is a different group--or their website needs to be updated. :)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Harlas on June 28, 2010, 12:02:32 PM
Does anyone know if Tartanic has a website?

I did a search and the only one I found was a site that basically said they were disbanding.

So either it is a different group--or their website needs to be updated. :)

try Tartanic.net 

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Harlas

EvilKittie

Managed to see Tartanic at Bristol yesterday. First time I have ever seen them. They were just plain awesome!!

Dinobabe

I have been watching them on youtube for a while and in person is just indescribable!

Tell me, when I saw them in Georgia the audience was so lame.  I think I was the only one that clapped, cheered, danced, whatever.  PLEASE tell me Bristol patrons are more energetic!

And if anyone has any video I would love to see it.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Mac

Not saying anything disrespectful to Georgia, but Bristol enjoys Tartanic, and gets involved. Michigan does also,
where they go next. I have never seen them on stage at TRF, always in an opening where the crowd gathers
a circle around them. It works better I think, folks are already on their feet, more room to join in, dance, sway, twist,
holler, jump and just get plain 'ole buckwild. My opinion, if ya can't tap a foot to Tartanic, you might as well stay
home and watch Lawrence Welk reruns, no disresect to him either.
Every Lady too.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Lady Mac on July 27, 2010, 03:02:28 PM
Not saying anything disrespectful to Georgia, but Bristol enjoys Tartanic, and gets involved. Michigan does also,
where they go next. I have never seen them on stage at TRF, always in an opening where the crowd gathers
a circle around them. It works better I think, folks are already on their feet, more room to join in, dance, sway, twist,
holler, jump and just get plain 'ole buckwild. My opinion, if ya can't tap a foot to Tartanic, you might as well stay
home and watch Lawrence Welk reruns, no disresect to him either.

They play on the Dove Meadow Stage, at TRF, now... sharing it with Wine & Alchemy.  Their bawdy show is done on the big Globe Stage, usually around dusk.  They have been known to spontaneously play in different parts of the faire...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Dayna

Bristol fans Rock Out to Tartanic.

Even the animals get into the act, as you can see in this video clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2CFuGn-1o
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Dinobabe

I always remember Bristol crowds being the best! ;)

Here is a great video of Tartanic I came across.  Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZB4hVoPI0
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

darkranger

its funny how my music is now dom. by ren. fest. music, and most of all Tartanic. And my son has been infected he even had his class pic taken wearing there latest T-shirt. Thank God for good music...
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Dayna

Sadly, after the close of TRF, Tartanic has split, the pipers have joined to create a new band, don't know if they or a replenished Tartanic will be at Bristol.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Harlas

http://tartanic.net/blogs

Looking at their tour dates--they have it out to June of this year.

Does not say if they will be at Bristol--but it looks like Tartanic in some form is still performing.

Village Idiots - Kevin

Just from reading some of their posts on Facebook to the ED of the Michigan Renaissance Festival, it looks like Adrian has indeed reformed Tartanic. Probably pipers that he's used before, so there are probably familiar faces.

The former members of Tartanic have reformed as Cu Duh. Check them out on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cu-Dubh/174316059268745
Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com