News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ren Fair

Started by Jonas_MacPherson, May 10, 2010, 10:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_MacPherson

Hmm, that time of year again. Where old rogues such as myself come out of lurking and mingle, ehh?

Well, first update, business is doing well <though still trying to convince certain folks that a ren fair shop would be prudant> and life is starting to settle down quite a bit, but that leads me to a problem. I really want to be with you guys this year, but the old creative process hath run a little dry, meaning, I simply can't get a good idea for a character <thinking of doing more what I did the first year, explore and basically start setting up a playtron character, which hasn't been wildly successful the past few years.>

Suggestions are welcome. And yes, I do plan to come up with a little grey and white teddy bear hamster I discovered at a local shop<and thought it was a cute little bugger> so looking for a name for him as well.

Anyways, merry met, and if I don't see you sooner, see you at the fair.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Ah but you have a character, he be a Privateer who is a gentleman and dashing to all the ladies... well not Dashing as there is only 1 Dashing, but you know what I mean. Wondering about and looking at the mundanes is all the fun. And well enteracting with them as well. My favorites are the little princessess and those oddly dressed ones that hath never seen a Da Vinvi Magic Fairy Box.

So let me finish with saying you did fine last year. Just be who thou art and hopefully thou art not a hamster be. As rumor has it there will be a hamster toss
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Jonas_MacPherson

I like your idea, and your advice. Plus, the outfit would be nearly done. <the boots alas need repairs, but one pair just have a few buttons off, and the other need a complete resole> Adding a few more things to the mix as well, a mischievious nature. Playful, yet laid back. Unusual for a privateer, of course, but could be most entertaining.