News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Nice hotels nearby?

Started by gem, May 10, 2010, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Milord and I will be in St. Louis this weekend, and he's suggested we cancel our last night at our metro hotel and try to find something closer to Fair, so we don't add an extra hour to our drive home again.

We're looking for something nice, not necessarily something cheap.  ;D We get to travel together about once a decade, so we're OK with a little $$. Maybe something with a pool or free breakfast?

Suggestions?

Gramercy!!

jcbanner

In the Wentzville area, there are not many big hotels, and most of them seem to be at teh lower end of teh spectrum,  but just because they are cheep, doesn't mean they are bad.

Avoid the Budget Inn like the plague, yes, it has an indoor pool, but half the hotel reaks of chlorine from how much they dump into it. dead cockroaches in the hallways, stagnet smell in the one room I was inside of.  was not very friendly staff.

the Economy Inn down the street was nice, I though it was a well kept place, it was clean and tidy. and very friendly staff in my experience.

Just read a few reviews, and it seems that there are some people familiar with the area that Highly recommend the Crossroads Inn. never been there myself.

also, heres a page of listing of nearby places:
http://www.renstl.org/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=110

Amyj

Bob and I have stayed at the Crossroads Inn...it is NO FRILLS (no pool, no breakfast...honestly not sure if there is an ice machine, he he), but the rooms are very nice and clean (ask for a room in the back section so you aren't on the road side).  If you don't mind a small drive (about 10 min), there is a Days Inn in Lake St. Louis...I think Lady Renee and her husband stayed there last year and were pleased.  There is also the Hilton Garden Inn in O'Fallon (about 10 min drive also)...looks nice, haven't stayed there.  Can't wait to meet you, and welcome to St. Louis in advance!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Genievea Brookstone

There are the Embassy Suites in St Charles.  They are a little farther east of the faire,  about 20 min Drive but they are very nice.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

gem

Thanks, everyone!  I'll definitely check those out!

Hotels can vary in quality sooooo much within a chain, can't they?!

Lady Renee Buchanan

When we went last year, we stayed at a Days Inn in Wentzworth.  It was very clean, basic, but fine for the weekend, and since we usually pay between $45 to $55 for a hotel, it probably was in that price range.  I don't know exactly the address, but it is attached to a Mexican restaurant with a deck out the back, and the back of a hotel is across the street from a lake.

When we got back from faire, we checked out the Mexican restaurant.  It was packed, with a waiting line.  So we moseyed over and put our name in, waited about 10 minutes and had an incredible Mexican dinner.  And the prices were so cheap!  For the huge amount you got, and for the great taste, it would have been worth twice the price.  That's probably why it was so packed, it wasn't just hotel guests or tourists there, but locals.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Butch

Just reserved our room at the Foristell Best Western for Sat night!  Looks like a pretty nice property, and just as far from Rotary Park as Wentzville is located.  Price was comparable too.

I can hardly wait!

Genievea Brookstone

Butch,

I checked where you are to get your FoF for the weekend.  You need to bring your reciet to the ticket window and they will issuse you your tickets there and then direct you to Les Amis area for the rest.

Gen~
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Butch

Gen,

Merci beau coup!

(gettin' ready for th' weekend!)

Genievea Brookstone

LOL all I can manage is Merci and Bon jour  and that's only if I remember!

I think we are going to try for one day this weekend not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday yet.  But if we don't meet up hope you and your family have a wonderful time!
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Butch

We'll be there from open to close on Saturday; not sure yet about Sunday.

Plan on going to Maggie Malone's on Saturday night to see 3 Pints Gone perform away from the faire!

Butch

Well, the Best Western in Foristell was decent.  We will stay there again when we return.  It is adjacent to I-70 and is less than 5 minutes from driveway to driveway from Rotary Park (Lyon).

Continental breakfast, and coffee available at all times.

It cost us $76 including tax.

My family and I give this property a thumbs up!