News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Keep your fingers crossed...

Started by SleepyArcher, May 11, 2010, 02:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

I am a nurse in MN. It is looking like more than likely we will be going on strike. I am hoping I am not out of a job June 1st.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

auntiegiggles

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!  I hope nurses don't go on strike - being I am constantly at a doc's office - i prefer the nurses over the doc most of the time anyways.  Nurses work so hard and I feel the are not fully appreciated for all they do for a doctor or doctors.  Many of my husbands and my relatives are nurses as well. 
Everything goes better with giggles

lordwriothsley

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you as well SleepyArcher. Here's hoping that you will still have your job after the 1st of June my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

renren

Sleepy,Wish you the best of luck with negotiations, hopefully a strike can be avoided! It would be great to see nurses getting a good contract!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Charlotte Rowan

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, and Leyla too! Going on strike is not fun, and we need nurses to take good care of us when we're sick and scared!!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

SleepyArcher

Well it was official last night. We are striking. Now to wait until June to find out how long and what the hospital is going to do about it.

lordwriothsley

Oh what terrible news Sleepy. I'm so sorry to hear this my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

photomike

So sorry to hear that! It is a shame, doctors & hospitals can NOT function without nurses! Nurses ROCK!!!
Hoping all goes well & your back to work soon!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

SleepyArcher

So far the Hospital and the Union aren't talking. The Union wants to do a 1 day strike but the hospital is saying they will lock us out a minimum of 5 days if not more due to the contract nurses they have to bring in. Can't we all just get along. I would really like a paycheck in June!!

lordwriothsley

Prayers and good thoughts continue to come your way SleepArcher. Please continue to keep us updated on this situation my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"