News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Peacock Pirate

Started by Ambrosine, May 11, 2010, 08:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrosine

Just an update.. Today is my birthday and my mom just told me she found the corset that I wanted from timeless-trends and ordered it fir me. Can't wait to get it!!! That is what this whole idea wad based on!! Yippeee!
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Kate

That's great!  I LOVE my timeless-trends cinchers!

Happy Birthday, gorgeous!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Jessi

Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Dayna

Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Ambrosine

Thanks Dayna, found it on ebay! I also have my ring, I'll post picks soon or if you are on my face book you can see it.  My belt buckle is on the way and I will have to have a leather belt made for it. I'm waiting on the corset untill i go buy fabrics so i make sure colors are cooridinated. My mom ran into a snag and they didn't have my size again so they are constructing one from a larger size for me.

So I found something really cool (in my mind) but want some opinions on it.

I know the majority of our little circle is a little more fur friendly then the rest of the world. How about feather friendly? I of course was going to include a massive amount of feathers in my creation. Well I found something i couldn't believe! I can get a whole peacock tail from someone on ebay. Feathers are one thing, they fall out, people breed the birds for them... but the tail. now that is from a bird that has gone on to the next life. how do you think people would respond to that? I thought it would be really cool to attach it the bottom of the corset or a belt and let it fall behind me. I mean realisticly we all wear fox tails so I do not see the harm but then I also do not want to offend.

Kate

Don't worry about offending, Amber.  Hell... the amount of leather we all wear?!?!  Don't worry!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Lady Lil

If you feel comfortable, do it. I just received a very old mink pelt to make a flea fur, and was feeling the same way. So, I think of it as a form of recycling, because I'm not sure what else they could be used for, unless they are doing feather and fur transplants these days lol.

McGuinness

I really like the toga design. Very original, I don't think I've seen anything like it!

dragongirl

Not for anything, but with the amount of fur pelts, leather, and fox tails I've seen I think you should go for it.  Besides no one said that the Peacock was slaughtered for the tail.  It could have died of natural causes or been hit by a car.  But if anyone asks just tell them that you slayed Hera's pet and now wear tail as a trophy.
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Dayna

If you've got a tail, Flaunt It!!!  Bring it to Bristol and Flaunt It for us!!!
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Delireus

We live in the country and I swear there must be a peacock farm around here because it never fails, around this time of year 5 or so peacocks come over and stay until fall! My mom use to have one as a pet, I forget his name, but he grabbed ahold of 2 power lines and fried himself. We have his tail feathers in the bathroom. My uncle who lives on the property behind us shot one and ate it. Sad but true. They're quite mean lil buggers though

Anyways, I'm sure you've gotten everything all figured out but look at this skirt I found on etsy.com

=tags&includes[]=title]http://www.etsy.com/listing/46949633/south-indian-teal-gold-sequin-skirt?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=peacock&ga_search_type=&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I know it's a bit Indian, but i think the colors and bead work are nice. It looks so much like a great belly dancer skirt. I'm very glad you got your corset :)
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Ambrosine

so as we all know I have not posted on here since late May with any new items because as of today I JUST recieved the corset. Over two months it took them to get it to us but is was oh so worth the wait!  :D My mom dropped it off at my office today and I tried it on ( hehe one of my co-workers had to help get me into it, she was afraid to pull it to tight!). I didn't want to take it off!!! So now that I have this, the real fun will start! I can now go hunting for fabrics to use  ;D
Will Post a pic of it a little later and will update with fabrics soon!

Ambrosine

LadyFae

LOVE IT!!!!!  =D  Yay for you!  =)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

dragongirl

Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood