News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fest Friday!!!

Started by SleepyArcher, June 01, 2008, 04:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

escherblacksmith

I'll be out with the Morning shift.
--

Charlotte Rowan

I'd like to go... maybe I'll take a half-day off of work...
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Random Girl

I have the day off and will be working Thursday night, but will spend a good amount of time running around site that day confiscating cigarettes from kids.  It's awesome, it doesn't matter if they are 18 if they are with a school group the same rules apply as if they were at school so no smoking at all.  We always pile our stock in the back yard and everyone picks out their brand.  I once made out with a whole weekend's worth of smokes.  Go me!
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Noble Dreg

I'm planning on it, apparently I won't be smoking...

;D
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Capt. Bacardi

I know Dreg.....Try being her roomate...hehehe.... ;D  :P
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Goody

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on September 09, 2008, 08:43:22 AM
I'd like to go... maybe I'll take a half-day off of work...

I'd take the morning half off if I were u as the afternoon seems eerily quiet. Is it because the faire closes early like at 5pm??? or does it just seem closed?

Muffin

I don't think the faire closes early... People just clear out.... More fun for us!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Random Girl

It is still open until 7 but once the school groups leave between 1-3 the whole place dies and the adults that are still there (all maybe 20 of them) have free reign of the place.

The down fall is that there are less beer and food booths open, some shops don't open, some shows don't run, and most of the entertainers are at their regular jobs. 

However, Vilification Ping Pong is pretty funny.  It is all really low key yo momma jokes...
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Noble Dreg

Quote from: harem_pants on September 09, 2008, 10:19:28 AM
It is still open until 7 but once the school groups leave between 1-3 the whole place dies and the adults that are still there (all maybe 20 of them) have free reign of the place.

The down fall is that there are less beer and food booths open, some shops don't open, some shows don't run, and most of the entertainers are at their regular jobs. 

However, Vilification Ping Pong is pretty funny.  It is all really low key yo momma jokes...

Vil ping-pong, how could I forget!!!  Fun stuff, love the last few hours of Fest Friday!  seriously one of my more enjoyable days at Fest.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Storm

Those last few hours after the kiddies have cleared out IS what makes fest Friday so enjoyable!

Fest Friday is one of my favorite days of the year at fest by far!

Lord Figaro

Brandi and I are really looking forward to it. I'm excited to go. But still bummed that it'll mean it's the last weekend of fest. Got to take the good with the bad I guess.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

escherblacksmith

does anyone have a list of what is open or not and what the grid would be that day?
--

Will Gamwell

The grid for that weekend most likely won't be posted until tuesday or wednesday of that week.  As for what is open..??  Generally most shoppes are open.  Usually at least one of each foodbooth is open.  And I thought that last year there was a little under half of the alcohol booths open.  And there is only one Feast of Fantasy that day, the last one of the day (starts at...4:30???)

Storm

If it is like the past couple of years. Most of the food booths will be open, with the exception of the Cartwheel Cove food court (the one by Queens Pub). That entire court has been closed the last 2 years. A lot of the beer and wine booths will be open, but I don't think that any of the pubs or the Mead booth will be.

Pretty much all of the shoppes will be open (I think they have to be by contract?). A lot of places will have good deals that day too! The shoppe where many of us have gotten our rings usually have most of their stuff 50% of that day!

A lot of the street acts won't be there. At least not in character. Fitz was there last year in mundanes (he don't do fest Fridays!) and it was fun to talk to him out of character for a bit.

Vartha

I didn't get to hang out the one weekend I worked there, wish I could have.
  I've worked at the Muskogee faire, and they have a Castle with the same idea of Bad Manor during opening hours, but after hours they reopen the Castle as a bar for the workers there with a cover charge. 
  When I was at Minn it was a tent/bar that was open, I don't recall the name tho seeing as it was back in 2001.