News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FLASH FLOODING CLOSES FAIR TODAY

Started by bmgjarvis, May 16, 2010, 08:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Nicolette

Getting stuck in the lot is way worse, Amy!  Sorry you had to drive and that the rain let up there, but it rained up in Nashville most of the day once I got home.  I think they made the right choice, even if it didn't rain as much as they thought. 

I like me intact, too, Jack!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Mixsae

Sorry you guys made the long drive but from what I gathered, the decision was made very last minute. Some of the cast were already on site rehearsing and were sent home. Not sure what the time frame was before I got the call from Capt Stout via Griff but it was right at about 9am and I was near the intersection of 96 and Nolensville.

Poor Kirk has only been able to make the two hours of opening day due to damages to his home from the flood and was headed out yesterday.

:'(

Avidd

Quote from: amy on May 17, 2010, 07:29:27 AM
Lesson learned on our end yesterday!   We never even assumed to check the web site before we left Alabama.  We were so excited to get on the road we didn't even think twice.  We drove and hour and a half only to  be turned away at the gates.  Then drove home without a drop of rain to be seen and big pouts on our faces.  Only one thing to say about it.... it just sucks....
We thought of you and Sarah ,realizing we had no way of contacting you.

amy

thanks guys... But don't worry... we got over our pouty and will see you all Saturday!   Back to the un-rain dance!

renfairephotog

Wish we could have got in contact with you. We called Dave and Suzanne but they weren't coming anyway.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer