News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

June 7th

Started by Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia, June 01, 2008, 10:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Anybody attending VARF on Saturday June 7th?
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Feline Groovy

Nope. No one will be there at all.  It'll be a deserted wasteland with just the occasional lost reveler wandering through in search of someone to annoy.    ;D

(Yeah, okay. I'll be there on cast as one of the aforementioned revelers.  :)  )
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Ok I did deserve, let me re-phrase...

Whom of our most wonderous cybershire whilst be present at VARF on June 7th?   ;D

Lady M

Lady Jai

We have not decided on whether to attend Saturday or Sunday yet.  But if you will be there on Saturday, then our decision has been made.  Please let me know.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Quote from: Lady Jai on June 01, 2008, 05:37:17 PM
We have not decided on whether to attend Saturday or Sunday yet.  But if you will be there on Saturday, then our decision has been made.  Please let me know.

I'm gonna go with the positive that if I go on Saturday, you'll go too?   ;D 

lowlandscot

Well good grief, come both days! There's too much to see in just one.

You probably think I'm kidding, given that we're a 7 acre site and a huge daily gate for us is 1200 patrons. But seriously, next week the stages are packed full from 10:30 to 5:00. I don't think there's an empty slot on any of the four stages on either day. And surely we got our quota of rain out of the way this weekend. I hope.

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 01, 2008, 04:10:14 PM
Ok I did deserve, let me re-phrase...

Sorry, I just cannot resist a straight line. It's one of my many failings in life and at faire!  ;)

And Lowland is exactly right -- come play both days!
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Master James

Does this mean you will not be making it for M'Crack weekend or will you back up then as well?
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Peddlin

I was wondering the same thing. M"Crack invasion will be the following weekend.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lady Jai

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 01, 2008, 08:15:51 PM
Quote from: Lady Jai on June 01, 2008, 05:37:17 PM

I'm gonna go with the positive that if I go on Saturday, you'll go too?   ;D 

Of course, the positive.  The little Princess would love to see you.  We could even find a bed for you if you would like to stop in Richmond during your travels.

Does this mean that you will not be attending our renewal of vows on the 14th if we see you this weekend?
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

My work schedule for Father's Day changed yesterday to come in later on Sunday so yes I am going to plan to come out for Lady Jai & Tim's renewals/M'Crack Family gathering instead.  Mayhaps Lady Jai I can take yee up on your offer Friday night the 13th?  Renmail me if you would kindly.

Of course I can hardly wait to see my favorite Princess Sydney!  Can we have a slumber party when I get there?

Syrilla

If work does not call, I will be there that sunday.

Lady Jai

LM-Did you receive my email?

M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Yes I did, I've been completely overwhelmed with car repairs, new job, illness & etc...  I have to be at work Sunday @ 10am on Father's Day so it won't work for me to stay with you Sat night, I was thinking mayhaps Fri eve however have not had a chance to check travel routes and also need to arrange pupper care for my 4 boys. 

Tim T

Just looked out my kitchen window a bit ago- 99.5 degrees.  I hope you guys are staying well-hydrated and keeping to the woods! :P

I've got some yard work to do today, but I'm hiding out inside until this evening to do it.
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

lowlandscot

Thankfully no one gave me a weather update until the cast meeting after gates closed -- over 100 and 70% humidity. I wondered why i kept dumping water on my head and it just sat there. It apparently had no place to evaporate too. I found, though, that as long as I stuck to the shade and kept drinking water, I could make it through. We did have some patrons need attention from the White Knights and there were a few people missing from Tavern Sing, I assume because they had just given everything they had by their final stage show.

And it's supposed to be exactly the same today.

troubadude

HEAT is a 4 letter word at Ren Faire!  Hope all went well, Sunday, right now I can't do 2 days under "normal" conditions, but compound that with the heat . . . 

I couldn't perform at the Tavern Sing, Saturday, because I didn't have anything to give!  I went to help John (Son of Strum) at a 3:30 show in Tavern and the heat & lack of air inside the tent was overwhealming.  I drank another quart of water and ate something light, but still couldn't muster up anything to give.  I'd been keeping up my hydration all day too! 

Tom
Troubadude
if music be the food of love, play on!

lordwriothsley

Actually heat wise I think it was worse today than it was yesterday.We did have several dress down before faire ended as well as a few people go down from heat.I know I ended up pulling myself out of of around noon 12:30 and by about 2:30 i was ordered by medical to dress down and not finsih out faire today cause of the fact that my pulse was a little high today.Tom (troubadude) you didn't miss much today.I don't think all the cast was fully recovered from yesterdays heat to be honest with you.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

will paisley

I had a harder time on Saturday than I did at the famous 105 degree day at MDRF last August.  Although I managed to avoid going down, I did so at the expense of not entertaining patrons as I should have (then again, not all patrons would've been entertained by my collapsing like a cheap beach chair in the food lines).  I can count the number of patrons I talked to on both hands, and I ended up spending at least half the day under shade, trying to recuperate (the rest of the time I was getting either gatorade or ice to take back into the shade in order to recuperate).  Though I made it to the tavern sing, I had to pass on the after-faire get together. When we woke up this morning, I found that my wife was sick, so we ran up the white flag and went home.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

reese

Well, we did survive, not all intact, but we did survive. 

My hats off to our White Knights!!!!!!!!!!  They had their work cut out for them this weekend, and as always, they came through! 

I did rather well, especially considering I just don't do heat (or cold for that matter) well.  I took better care of myself than usual (It helped my dh was there to ensure I did), and still made sure the children were well tended to.

Richard (my youngest (6) made it to 4:30, when we finally had to force him to change out of garb.  He was happier afterwards since he could get sprayed down with water and had less layers on, not to mention more breathable layers. (cotton knit is wonderful). 

Due to a malfunction on my dd's (9) hoops, she ended up not garbing up, and I'm glad for it.  She's like me when handling the heat.  She even did fine.

My oldest, what a trooper, managed the day through, and did need some special tending to at some point, but was fine after a break and some pampering.  I personally was glad when the Tabbard came off.

We did manage to go to cast party, and even stayed longer than intended.  The kids had lots of fun and it was a great release after a long stressful day.

Sunday I got there late, little kids stayed home with Dad, and I vegged in one shady spot after another.  I only filmed one thing Sunday, and I'm glad I did.  It was an extended family with 4 boys and a girl that came to Court and either was wooed or had to woo.  They only had their phone camera, and part of the family that was at faire, wasn't there to enjoy what those kids endured...I mean had fun doing  LOL.   ;D  I know this family will remember their day at faire for a long time.  The comments they made as they were preparing to leave court was all filled with excitement and joy. It was well worth mustering up the energy to do that...GREAT JOB.

Brad...aka Fletcher Moon, never ceases to amaze me.  Even by end of day you could still hear him belting it out in his beautiful voice!

Huzzah to all that came out and played with us, Huzzah to our White Knights, Huzzah to our Vender's, Cast and misc. crew/volunteers!

Reese....heading off to nurse what is left of my sunburn from Sat.

lowlandscot

Quote from: will paisley on June 09, 2008, 01:14:15 AM
I had a harder time on Saturday than I did at the famous 105 degree day at MDRF last August. 

I did too, but I didn't think it was a faire comparieson (hah, get it? The patrons were so loopy on Saturday they laughed at jokes like that) as I chickened out of garbing up for the infamous MDRF opener. I have an absurdly robust constitution, I spend a lot of time outside in the heat anyway taking care of a 5 acre property and so I'm better acclimated than you poor unlucky folk who have office day jobs -- and still, when I got back to my MIL's house on Saturday night I lay face down on her living room floor spread out like a novice nun prostrating herself before the altar during final vows, and immediately fell asleep for half an hour.

Tom, it was good to see you for one day and jamming under the Phoenix tent was a lot of fun. Maybe we can do it again sometime -- on Sunday Carl and I managed to identify a few more songs we both knew like Parson's Farewell, Nonesuch, Maltese Bransle and of course the ubiquitous Greensleeves (and I know a rather naughty set of lyrics by that great Scotsman Rabbie Burns that I may someday be brave enough to sing in public). And that insane drummer that travels with the gypsy tribe got me playing Butterfly so fast my fingers damn near fell off.

Master James

Well we started Saturday with half the court and by the end of the day only half of them were still standing and barely.  Sunday we started a few more short and by the end of the day there were only about 6 left in garb, less than 25% of our total court.  To say it was brutal is an understatement.  And yes I was at the imfamous 105 opeing day at MDRF in COURT garb (my really heavy doublet no even) and only made it until 2.  Saturday I lasted until 4 and about 5 on Sunday.  Court garb just isn't light no matter what you do.  I'm glad everyone survived but am sad that this coming weekend is the end for another year. :'(  But we have one more weekend of fun so I hope to see everyone there!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51