News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Pet Question!!!!! I've been trying to get this answered for a long time!

Started by Gislaine Peters, May 19, 2010, 09:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gislaine Peters

I really need to know if you can take a ferret to the festival, if the weather cooperates! She's got her health papers and she really good. I see dogs there all the time. Anyone know? I've sent out 3 email's and still haven't gotten an answer...Help! :D

Ambrosine

I've seen a few people with pet rats and parrots along with the dogs here in Tampa, not sure if they went through the paper stuff though. At BARF they have a section on their website to fill out the approval papers to be allowed to have your pet on the premises. I would assume the other fairs would have something similar.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

BLAKDUKE

I would say call the faire on the phone number they provide on the website.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

DeadBishop

Definitely call the faire office!  I always loved seeing ferrets out at fest here in MN, but they started restricting what pets could people could bring in a few years ago.  I'd never bring my own ferrets out, just because of the heat on most days, but if the weather (and your ferret) cooperates, expect lots of attention from people who want to pet the little fuzzbutt!

R/F.com member since 2003

Gislaine Peters

I love meeting people who have ferrets! :D Yeah my biggest concern was the heat...She seems to do okay in my room even on hot days and she seems to be shedding her coat bit by bit. She still not even a year old so she's still trying to figure out when to shed. I think our heat wave is helping. I know there's shade at the fest but I'm a bit worried about getting her water and cooling her off if it is to hot. I called the faire office and no one answered. :(

LadyStitch

We wanted to take our little girl Jilby (She is at the bridge now.) But I wouldn't dare take her out of the house during any temps over 75 degrees. We tried taking her out in 80's and she started to go into head shock just going from the car's AC into a pet store.  Thankfully the store had water and a little play pen I could put her in. She played on the cold floor which helped alot.  Anytime she HAD to go out in temps over that she had frozen water bottles in her carrier. 

Also make sure the fuzz butt is good about it's harness.  Jilby loved hers, as did Smudge (as the bridge as well now), but my boys hated theirs with a passion.  We did have problems finding good harnesses for my girls. They were so tiny in the shoulders that could easily slip through the neck piece. Especially during the summer when they lost their winter weight.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

BLAKDUKE

My own personal advice on pets is to leave them in the camper, or at home, or board them out.  I have seen to many bad situations
when pets are brought.  It just is not worth it and I love my dog as much as my daughter, but I always leave her in the camper when we attend whatever faire we go to.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Tink

I'd love to be able to bring my fur babies, but I don't think they would do too well in a crowd.  :(
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Gislaine Peters

I probably wont bring my baby girl. She's good in the heat and around big crowds (she loves going places). But I think I would be to worried about her getting heat stroke and sunburn to really have to much fun. It would be amazing if there was a festival in Fall! All the little fuzz butts would be out! haha!