News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A URGENT Prayer request for my sister

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 19, 2010, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

My sister works  as  a bus  driver and  a janitor . Supposedly at one  of the  schools on FRiday  that she  works  for  there was  a big Mercury spill.  They sent 50 kids  to the  hospital  and  all the kids  had  to throw  out their clothes  they had on and  their book bags.
anyway, i still do not have all the  story,  but  they sent  two janitors   into the room  where the spill was   to wipe   things up.  (  why  they  did not call  hazzard control or  the  fire  department i  do not know ) .  Anyway one of  the janitors  was my sister.

She  told my parents about it over the weekend  and  said   the  fumes  and  vapors  were so strong  in the room she  could  bearly breathe. My dad  did not think  my sister looked  good  when he  saw  her on saturday and  wanted her to go  to the  ER but she  did not.

To make  a long story short,  cause details  are still coming in... my sister was  standing talking to someone at work today when the person told her ( my sister ) that my sister's  eyes  were turning yellow.  and  then my sister passed out cold.

instead of  calling  for  an ambulance,  they drove  my sister home  to  her house,   where  someone  called  her fiance, and he called  my parents.

My sister's fiance  was going to take her to her family doctor. My parents  were  trying to tell her to go right to the  hospital.  

So please keep her in your prayers.  My sister has been  thru enough   these  last few  years.  she  went thru a nasty divorce. had  her   house burn down, she  was in a nasty bus  accident,  went  thru a  fight  with breast cancer,  and  now  this .

Please keep her in your  prayers. she is  the  sweetest , kindest person   who would  ever meet, she  does not deserve  any  of  this.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

auntiegiggles

I will keep her in my prayers.  I hope everything turns out alright for her.
Everything goes better with giggles

Lady Lil

WOW I am so sorry to hear about your sister, my prayers are being said for her and your family. I sending you strength and hugs, when someone cares as much as you do, it can take a lot out of you. My thoughts are with you.

Lady Amy of York

Thanks  for  the prayers. Yes, i was very upset earlier  tonight and  angry too  at  the people at her work who ordered her to go into the  room that was  contaminated.   My sister said  she  would have never  gone in their if  she  had known it was the  room that  the Mercury spill had been in.

My sister is now in the hospital.   The doctors  were running tests on  her, but they think her heart and  lungs  have  been affected. She is   a bad state  right now. she is having a hard time breathing   and  they have her hooked up to heart monitors.
The other big concern is  she  has no feeling in either of  her legs.

My parents  are beside  themselves  with worry.
I  worry about them. they are both in their  80's .

Please keep them  and  my sister in  your  prayers.

Tink

I'm so sorry to hear this!  My thoughts are with your sister, you, and your family.  I sincerely hope she is able to recover.  Please keep us updated on how she is doing.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Merlin the Elder

What kind of school would be storing mercury?!?  My hopes for a full recovery are with your sister...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 20, 2010, 09:34:47 AM
What kind of school would be storing mercury?!?  My hopes for a full recovery are with your sister...

It was a highschool, but yes  we are all asking  that question.

irish

Wow! What town was this at?
You all are in thought and prayer!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

Latest update: Thursday afternoon

The  doctors  are trying to figure out how  to treat  my sister.  They know  she  has  deffinitely  had chemical exposure  but how  much has yet  to be determined.  according to another family member  who has been at  the hospital  this  morning  they have been drawing blood  like  crazy  from  my  sister.

She  still can not feel her legs  and  the  doctors  are planning  to do a  spinal tap  on her.

that is  what  has me  scared the  most, is  the fact she  can  not feel her legs.

my parents were going  up  to the hospital,  so hopefully i will have  more info later.

right now  i am  ready  to strangle  the boss  that my sister works  for  who let my sister  go into that   room.  my sister was not aware, or  informed of  the  mercury  spill until after  she  had  went into  the  room,  otherwise  she  would have  never had  even entered the  building.  Personaly  i  think  she  needs  to hire  a good lawyer, but first we nedd  to  pray  that she  pulls  thur  and  that  she  gets  use  of her legs  back.

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: irish on May 20, 2010, 01:35:08 PM
Wow! What town was this at?
You all are in thought and prayer!
irish

IRISH,  It was in Pleasant Valley/ poughkeepsie area of New  york. I'm not sure  which school  it was, but it was  the  Arlington school  district.

Tygrkat

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your sister and her/your family will definitely be in my thoughts.
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Master James

I just spoke with Amy and she asked me to post this because she is just too upset right now.

Not much good has changed for Amy's sister.  Right now the doctors can't agree on what is going on.  They won't even admit that its mercury that is causing the problems.  The family doctor is saying it could be a toxic buildup of meds that she has been on but the neurologist says it IS the mercury.  Biggest problem is the meds they can give her could make it worse if they are not right about what it is and they still don't know.  As of now she has not feeling in her feet or right leg and her togue is totally numb.  The neurologist is concerned about the paralysis spreading so is trying to do something about it but can't get a clear path as to the issue.  Right now Amy is beside herself and they are very concerned for her sister.  That is about all I have right now.  If I get more I'll post it but please keep up the prayers.  She'll need them.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

squiregaby

Amy you, your sister and the rest of your family are in my prayers!
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Queen Margaret

A calm sea never made for a skillful manner. -English proverb

irish

Hope all goes well, Amy.
I did find the story online.
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)