News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A URGENT Prayer request for my sister

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 19, 2010, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xantrawler

Our prayers go with you and your family. Please keep us updated on your sister.

Lady Kett

Amy, we're keeping your family in our prayers.

Celtic Lady

prayers on the way for your sister and you and your family.

Lady Amy of York

Thankyou everyone so much. This  is so difficult for all of my family to swallow  right now. my sister has been thru enough these past few years. Bitter divorce, her house burning to the  ground, a brush with breast cancer, and  now  this. she  does not derve  this. Sue is  the type of person who would  do anything for  anyone, even a  complete  stranger.

I  think i  could accept  the fact if  she  was in the hospital with some illnessd or  something, but  to know  she is in the hospital and  she may not make  it  because of some  damn ( excuse my language ) weed kicker's  complete negligence is just not acceptable.

some one  asked on here what the scholl was  doing with mercury in the  first place. Ends iup the incident was at the middle school. One of  the students brought  the mercury into school in a  container  to show off to her friends..Her father had  given  it  to her. What parent in their right mind  gives a kid  Mercury to take  to school ?

and then the jerk of a superintendent, 2 hours after the spill goes and says we cleaned  the spill up, evrything is  safe. Bull------ !! tell that to my sister who was hit by the vapors  still there.

and then the next day the same superintendent goes and  says that they found out the spill was more widspread then they were originally informed.

and then i did  some  reseraching on  my own on the internet  and  found  the  haz mat report and  haz mat had not even tested  the  air quality of  the building yet, and  they had declared it unsafe  to enter  the building.  So why in the hell, did they send my sister into that building.she was not told that the building and room that she enterd was the site of the spill . she did not know about the spill, until after she had entered  the room, and was overcome  by the vapors. Can you say cover up. or can you smell something fishy here.

as of last night my sister had no feeling in either of her feet, her right leg, and  she  could barely talk. the neurologist said the paralysis  could  spread.

my parents were headed  to the hospital again this afternoon. they were going to try  to get ameeting  with the neurologist and  find  out what can be  done  to keep the pralysis  some  spreading  and  killing  my sister.  Cause unfortunately it only takes  a small amount of  mercury  in vapor  form  to  be inhaled  and  be  lethal. mercury hits  and attacks  the  central  nervous  system and  your  kidneys  big  time.

so please, please  pray. if  anything happen to my sister, i am afraid  my mom would  not make it.  we  would  end  up losing  my  mom too, cause  she she is very close  to her daughters. as it is  my parenst are both in their  80's, my mom has health problems of her own and she  does not  nedd this  right now.

PLEASE CONTINUE  TO PRAY. tHANKYOU !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Merlin the Elder

Amy, your language needs no excusing. It seems rather tame under the circumstances.

I've only been a member of this cyber-community for a short time, but in that time I've noticed an amazing bond among the membership. We all offer our support and best hopes for you and your family, and some so inclined, their prayers. Prior to your first post on this incident, you did not exist in my world. Now I check this thread several times a day, hoping for some good news.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

Lady Amy of York

sue is still in the hospital , still running tests trying to find main cause of symptoms. Mom was with her all day today. she said sue had a good cry. Sue is scared right now. she  still has no feeling in her feet and can not move her right leg at all.  If there is anything positive here it is that Thank the Lord, the paralysis has not spread . Please keep her in your prayers and both of my parents especially my mom. it is hard on everyone right involved right now. thanks !

Lady Amy of York

Tuesday afternoon update :

Tests results back. Doctors  said  Sue  was  deffinitely exposed  to high levels  of  toxins  from the Mercury spill.

Her heart rhythm and blood pressure are erratic, so  they are  ordering a scan of  her heart to make sure  the  toxins  have not affected her heart.

Still no use of  right leg.

My  parents  are very upset.   My dad is  angry. this is deffinitely criminal negligence  on the part of  the  school district that she  worked  for.

My husband  was  going to call my  parents  to night and and  give them  phone  numbers, etc   to contact  OSHA  and launch an investigation.

Please keep her in your prayers.  Pray  her heart is not affected.

Lady Lil

It's seems like a nightmare unfolding right before your eyes. I'm still praying and I am so sorry about the whole situation.

lordwriothsley

Ask no more Amy as prayers and good thoughts continue to come your way during this very difficult time for you all right now. Please continue to keep me updated on this situation my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

my sister sue is no longer in the hospital. It a long story,but my parents were not happy with the doctors  she had in the hospital. after  10 days they still were not  100 percent positive it was  the mercury she was exposed for,  they were not giving her any treatments at all,  they would run tests but not say  for  what  for, etc,  so my parents  decided  to call in a new neurologist.
 this new doctor seems  to have more on the ball.  he  told  sue   that hospitals  do not do much over the weekend, especially a holiday weekend. he  could tell sue had not slept much  and that she  was emotionally worn out too, so he said after checking her vitals  first , that he felt the best thing for her was  to go home  and  rest, get some sleep, and be  with family.  With the condition that she  see him first thing on  Tuesday
 so  she went home, and my mom said Sue slept for hours, and that she sounded in better spirits today, and sue claims she actually had  abit of  tingling in her right leg.
as for the school district, belive me they will not get off scott free. my sister mary told my mom that if sue or my dad do not contact OSHA, that she will.
thanks for    continuous prayers. its not over yet, but at least  there is some glimmer of hope, that sue  will walk again.

Baroness de Vale

We continue to pray for your sister, you, and your family! Going home and having her spirits lifted will hopefully do wonders for the healing process.

Lady Amy of York

A good sign today ! My sister Sue said she felt some pain in her right leg, that she has been unable to use. So that may mean that she is getting feeling and sensation back in that leg !

Merlin the Elder

Pain is good! ...at least in these circumstances... We're all here in your corner....
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

lordwriothsley

Amy that is such wonderful news. Please know that you, Sue, and your entire family remain in my thoughts and prayers at this time. Please continue to keep us updated Sue's progress.

Hugs and love to you as always lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"