News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Searching For Renfaires Where I Can Shoot My Own Longbow

Started by Craigmeister, May 23, 2010, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frederic

I know its a bit out of Bowman Craigmeister's range, but for others in the Northeast region, the Connecticut Ren Faire started a Robin Hood themed spring festival, with an archery competition that was definately BYOB (Bring your own Bow).  There was a host of restrictions on what was allowed (no compounds, no mechanical triggers, no sights, etc), but I'm sure a simple longbow would meet them.  The faire was held in Guilford (near New Haven), and I'm guessing that it was successful, because they are doing it again next year:

www.ctfaire.com/spring/
Merchant of the Hansa, Procurer to the Queen, and complete scoundrel

Craigmeister

Thanks for all of the referrals.  The East Coast is indeed out of my range.  I didn't even make it back to KC this year.  Tulsa's new Medfaire had a crossbow archery range put on by the SCA last month.  Since it's in a county park, they couldn't use sharp points though.  They had blunt ends on the bolts but we had live targets to shoot.  That was a fun change.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

SirRichardBear

We do indeed have a acrhery tournament at Scarborough you can use your own bow as long as its under 50 pounds and is a period stright long bow and not a compound or recurve and you can shot your own arrows as long as they meet range rules.  We have tournament judge who can check out your bow and arrows and determine if they are legal for our tournamnet.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin