News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend

Started by flidais, July 06, 2010, 11:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

Just a few days until SLRF!  I was just looking at the website and it says that children 12 and under are free the first two weekends....which is cool.  Also if you purchase tickets online you save $2 per adult and $1 per child ticket.  There is however a $2 service charge per transaction...so I'm thinking that means by as many tickets as you can at one time. 

Meet and Greet!  Anyone up for a meet and greet over the opening weekend?  And if so....what time and where?  I honestly didn't make it to SLRF last year, so I'm not sure what the layout is now.  Any ideas?

NefariousDrO

Well, there's always a stage to the left of the entrance that the "Pirate Shanty Man and Bonnie Lass" show is usually on (but they're only here for the 5th weekend so I'm not sure who'll be on it this year. Anyway, it's probably the easiest to find because it's so close to the entrance, and a beer vendor is close by ;) . I'll be there Saturday, if anybody would like to meet up there. I plan to get there around 11-ish and meet a couple of friends of mine.

flidais

I will be there sunday.  So how's about a meet and greet at noon?  The above mentioned stage was there last time I went, so maybe the layout hasn't changed that much.  If I remember correctly there was a shady area with benches just in front of that little pub near the stage.  Want to meet there on sunday? 

NefariousDrO

I can't guarantee I can make it back on Sunday, but I'd sure like to meet up!

flidais

Woohooo!  We had a great time at SLRF on sunday. 

Queen Genevieve

That's great! Tell your friends and come back soon.
Queen Genevieve

flidais

Doubt I'll make it back this year.  It's kinda a hike for me.  Little over 2 hours.  But if I get another day with nothing going on I wouldn't mind making the trip again.

NefariousDrO

That's alot like my length of time to get there, alas. I plan to go again in late in this month, but it's a long enough drive (and money is very tight right now) that it's hard for me to make the run too many times. Still, I had fun on Saturday, played my didgeridoo alot, and met the genius who made it! If you're there, look for the henna booth, he's going to be able to sell is beautiful instruments from there starting this coming weekend, and I can't recommend them enough!

Poldugarian Warrior

Are the didjes he makes out of real bamboo? My brother bought a real bamboo didj a few years ago at MIchRenfest and he swears by them, most of the didjes you see now are just PVC pipes burnt and painted real good to look like real bamboo. If he makes real, then I'm there. Too bad about Shanty Man and Bonnie Lass it'd be good to see them all season. Are they going to be at Michrenfest? I hope so. They are great.

NefariousDrO

His are PVC, which means you can carry it around at a renfest and not worry about it getting damaged. I got a bamboo one at MiRF a couple of years ago, which I love for very different reasons. His sound great, and are durable and waterproof, what more could you want with an instrument to carry outside?