News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Final Weekend - are you coming?

Started by DonaCatalina, May 24, 2010, 01:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

Expect the 'Day of Wrong Ladies' on Saturday!  Word has it they will be making an appearance then!

Here's a pic of one of the wenches lol!   :D  ;D

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Hercules

Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Bonny Pearl

yes, it is said our Good King Henry tries to avoid them like the plague lol!  ;D

they are known to drop their hankies in hopes of a gentlemen picking it up for them and all sorts of other 'innocent' antics.  beware!  ;)  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

julessweetie

Yay!  I have never actually witnessed the "Day of Wrong"!  This is going to be a great weekend!  lol ;)

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Hercules on May 26, 2010, 07:42:44 AM
Quote from: Al-Nimer on May 25, 2010, 11:23:25 PM
Does anyone know what day is "Day of Wrong?"  I thought last year it was Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  ??? Day of Wrong? Someone fill me in please?

Somewhere up north (damn yankees  ;)) a tradition was started of having a Day of Wrong for playtrons. The idea is for your garb to be renfaire, but subtly wrong. Somestimes as simple as having a Scot show up in a plaidsih German Landsknecht garb. Sometimes as glaringly off as the photo above. It's all meant to be in fun and let off a little stress for the final weekend of faire. Most playtrons and cast frown on doing this on Memorial Day for obvious reasons, so the Sunday before  was chosen
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

lys1022

The current plan is as follows:

Saturday - will be there in civvies and taking photos
Sunday - current plan is to come out as my faerie, Twilight (who was named such WELL before those so-called vampire books/movies came out!)
Monday - back in civvies and taking photos

See you all out there!
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Merlin

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on May 26, 2010, 08:49:17 AM
yes, it is said our Good King Henry tries to avoid them like the plague lol!  ;D

they are known to drop their hankies in hopes of a gentlemen picking it up for them and all sorts of other 'innocent' antics.  beware!  ;)  ;D
There are a couple who seem to enjoy it more than they should....lol

Quote from: julessweetie on May 26, 2010, 09:37:17 AM
Yay!  I have never actually witnessed the "Day of Wrong"!  This is going to be a great weekend!  lol ;)
You are in for a treat.
(Did I say treat? I meant.... well... you know. It's .. ummm... you'll see for yourself)
I would participate however...I'm a very unattractive lady. I mean.... very unattractive.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Bonny Pearl

Don't I know it Merlin lol!  That wench pictured above is such a tease lol!

Jules you are in for a fun time lol!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Aiacha

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on May 26, 2010, 08:18:55 AM
Expect the 'Day of Wrong Ladies' on Saturday!  Word has it they will be making an appearance then!

Here's a pic of one of the wenches lol!   :D  ;D

Wait.  Wait.  "Day of Wrong Ladies" with an "S"?!?  I request, nay, I demand, photos of said ladies!

I'll exchange you photos for airsick bags, because if all of the ladies are as fair as the one above, you'll use your bags up!

Bonny Pearl

Oh yes Aiacha I meant that in the plural lol!  I believe there may be some pics on Valts archives from last year; can't recall for sure tho who had the pics.  I'll hunt around.  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Bonny Pearl

I found one!

This is from Martin Montgomery's posting.  Can't copy just the one pic but you can see it here lol!

http://photobucket.com/MartinMontomeryVariousRenfairPioctures?albumview=grid
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Hercules

...why did I click on that?....why did I click on that?....why did I click on that?

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Hercules on May 27, 2010, 04:21:01 PM
...why did I click on that?....why did I click on that?....why did I click on that?

curiousity will always kill the cat lmao!  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Riot

I might not be there on Saturday, but the boyfriend will be, and hopefully we both will make Monday.
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Hercules

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on May 27, 2010, 04:22:54 PM
Quote from: Hercules on May 27, 2010, 04:21:01 PM

curiousity will always kill the cat lmao!  ;D

What's worse..........I scrolled to find it!

Here....so everyone can share without scrolling.