News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Completely Random Question....

Started by squiregaby, May 25, 2010, 02:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squiregaby

Does anyone live near faire that would consider babysitting a dog during the run? 
I am working at Legacy Forge this summer and I really don't want to leave my dog with my parents due to the fact that they're currently having problems with a mountain lion on their property.
She's a medium sized border collie lab.  She's an inside/outside dog.  I'd keep her with me on the grounds but the grounds are closed to new dogs.
So if anyone would care to keep an eye on her for me I would be ever so grateful to you for it.
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Radu the Gypsy

Closed to new dogs?  Thats a fairly normal restriction from the Emperor.  Must be taking his meds again. 

Saddly, I live up in Denver, otherwise I'd be happy to help.  However, I know there are at least a few people on here who live in the Castle Rock / Monument area.  I'll also ask around of the people I know who are not on the boards.

-Bear

squiregaby

I would be grateful to anyone who could!! My brother and I plan on leaving Friday June 4th and arriving at some point on Friday evening or early Saturday morning.
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Radu the Gypsy

I'm afraid I'm having no luck.  All the people I know close to the faire who arent on the list seem to either be allergic to dogs, afraid of dogs, have a dog who doesnt play well with others, or dont have the time free to devote to taking care of a dog. 

As I said before, I live in denver, so really dont qualify as "close to the Faire" and I have a border collie myself who doesnt always play well with other dogs.  But if you have no other options and are willing to let the pups meet to see how they react to each other, I could, if pressed, take your pup for the first week or so while you try to find someone who can take her for the rest of the run.