News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Patriotic Event for Seniors

Started by Ryk Rakham, April 29, 2010, 06:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

Hi all,

I am a long-time Faire traveller and have met many of you along the way. I am looking for folks who might be interested in performing in Decatur, TX on Friday July 2, 2010. I am Community Liaison for a large Nursing Home there and we are throwing a big celebration party for the 100+ residents, their families, our employees and local business folk. I am hoping for a pipe and drum troupe and perhaps other types of entertainment. This is not Ren or Medieval related really, but will be a special event for some special folks. I'm on a tight budget and might only be able to provide gas money, but it might be a chance to sell a few CDs and/or promote your group to an audience of several hundred. The biggest part of the party will begin late afternoon and continue to dark with fireworks. More information later. If you have an inkling that you feel a "call" to do this, contact me at rickwilsonsd@yahoo.com
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Ryk Rakham

Hi folks, an update. It looks like we have a bellydance troupe and some other entertainers lined up for our event. I know in this day and time it's hard to think of "volunteering" for anything with the economy the way it is. But, we still would love to have a pipe and drum group to perform for our residents in Decatur on July the 2nd. Again, we might be able to swing some gas money and we will feed anyone who comes and participates. Thanks, and I'll watch for emails.... rickwilsonsd@yahoo.com
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Dinobabe

Wish it was near Memphis, TN.  I could get my Civil War artillery group to bring the cannon!
Ask around and you might find one near you.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com