News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gathering on June 12th

Started by rengypsy, May 27, 2010, 07:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

Greetings

Sherwood has been in a slumber while Scarby awoke.

The Summer is now upon us...and it's been too long since we gathered within the walls of our forest.

We promised that the gatherings would continue...and so they shall.

Announcing!!!

June 12th, 2010
All day and night
A Gathering at Sherwood
For Family, Friends and friends of friends

Workday in the morning
Cover dish, drink, and merriment in the evening

The Faire will provide soft drinks, water and several kegs of ale
Cover dish dinner will begin around 5:30pm

We are hoping the minstrils and musicians will entertain us in the evening

We will gather around the Seven Sisters

bring lawn chairs, insect spray, and a cover dish

come to play and commune

campsites will open friday evening around 3pm on June 11th and will close Sunday around noon.

the spirit of Sherwood calls you home!
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

rengypsy

who is attending?

how many are in your party?

are u staying the nite?

what kind of cover dish are you bringing?

do you play a musical instrument?
or howl at the moon?

Bonny Pearl

We have a party of 2 attending.

We will be camping.

We will bring food, just not sure what yet...  thinking something cool would be best considering the heat, salads perhaps.

We have a couple of small drums that we will 'attempt' to play.  At least try to keep in time with lol. :)

Howl at the moon?  Well we can sure try!  ;D

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

mpullen

I'll be there along with Son and future Daughter-in-Law (plus the mutts).

I'll have the travel trailer setup Friday in the Participants campgrounds. From my Camping@sherwoodforestfaire.com account, I've received notification that about a dozen more folks will be camping by me and they will be working in the Faire area Saturday. Friday evening we may have a little marshmallow toasting/S'mores construction session.

Most of Saturday I'll be busy in the Patrons campgrounds, with the groups relocating into the new area and groups on the waiting list staking claims. 2011 is going to be great in the campgrounds.

Still thinking about what dish to bring. Maybe something Italian. Sorry folks, I'm a carnivore, so it will have meat.

If anyone is bringing a dish that needs to be heated, my microwave, stove, and oven are available.

I'll bring my 4 drums and Son may bring more from his shop, so don't be shy about jumping in and drumming with the rest of us. We probably need to do some training sessions on some basic beats. Anyone want to step up and do some training?

PollyPoPo

Planning on bringing Daughter Eloise and Grandson Alex, arriving Sat afternoon and camping with tent.

Will bring cold food, probably a selection of cheeses, crackers/bread, cold sliced chicken, a bottle of mayo – kinda sandwich/finger foods, easy to eat with hands.  That reminds me, I need to speak with Daughter about a couple bottles of wine. 

As for drumming, I am hopeful there will be "some training sessions on some basic beats" because I have received the new doumbek for Alex.  He just turned 13 in May and was in the school band last year, in the section called "percussion," so he knows some rhythm basics.  He will probably be too shy to actually participate in playing, but just having it in his hands at a drum circle will give him a thrill. 

Alex does not know about the drum which is going to be a really, really early Christmas present. 

Oh, yes, Eloise asked if anybody is going in garb, casual, particularly with this heat.  I, of course, will use my glamour spell to maintain the appearance of being completely human.  Gotta hide the ears except during Faire, you know.

Polly PoPo aka L. E.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

*Teach*

I will be there during the day working on our clan camp area.
Not sure how long I will stay that evening though.

*rum and extreme heat don't mix well*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

KiltedPrivateer

who is attending? - Clan Procrastination

how many are in your party? - At least four of us, perhaps more

are u staying the nite? - We will be camping in our site

what kind of cover dish are you bringing? - TBD

do you play a musical instrument? - We have drums
or howl at the moon? - Most of us can Howl (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

Looks like we're not going to make it after all.  I have to go out of town on business.  Dang the real world!

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Queen Bonnie

I'll be there.  I am getting a ride! huzzah! The roads will be safe without the MeowMobile!
I might bring my neighbor too.
Not staying the night. I live close by.
Dish? Brownies probably . Maybe beans?
I will meow at the moon- but probably won't stay late!
Garb- yes!
I dressed as a muggle once at a gathering- and never again!
Not fun!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Bonny Pearl

Looks like we won't be making.  :'(  Dang real world always seems to butt in somehow.  >:(
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Queen Bonnie

Fie on the real world! Drat!  We will miss you Bonny Pearl!
Wingardium Leviosa!

rengypsy

we sure hope there are a lot of souls who do make the outting since we just ordered three kegs of beer and will have another keg of mead.

ale ordered:

Spaten Premium
Spaten Octoberfest
Zeigenbach
Mead

we need partiers

Queen Bonnie

Mead! Yum!  Can't help with the ale! alas! I am a wine drinker.
I bet all that ale will bring out the revelers! Huzzah! The weekend weather  is looking good too!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Bonny Pearl

I will miss you as well Queen Bonnie!  With any luck there will be another gathering before the fall and we can make that event. :)  Have to have bright/hopeful thoughts, right?  ;D

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Queen Bonnie

I hope there will be many more gatherings before TRF! Always look on the bright side of life! Hope you can make the next one Bonny Pearl!
Wingardium Leviosa!

rengypsy

times for this weekend:

camping gates open at 4pm friday

workday begins saturday morning

coverdish dinner starts at 5pm saturday

kegs tapped at 5pm saturday

fire lit at sundown on saturday

Blue66669

The kegs were tapped early this morning, and this Cinderella turned back into a pumpkin at noon. Thanks for the b!tchin party.
Blaidd Drwg

Queen Bonnie

Alas the mead was gone before dark last PM. I helped- LOL!! It was great! Yum! Thumbs Up to that mead!
What a lovely gathering! So great to see so many friends! The pot luck was awesome. As was the entertainment!
Thanks to all. I turned into a pumpkin much earlier, but did make it until after dark!
Looking forward to the next gathering!
Huzzah to Sherwood!
Wingardium Leviosa!

PollyPoPo

Our first gathering.  Had a great time, other than a not-sufficient light source leading to much stumbling on trip back to camp - had to make it twice.  Next time I think I will bring the "villagers chasing monster" type torches! 

Thanks to everyone who joined in. 

PollyPoPo
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

dbaldock

Quote from: PollyPoPo on June 13, 2010, 08:31:58 PM
Our first gathering.  Had a great time, other than a not-sufficient light source leading to much stumbling on trip back to camp - had to make it twice.  Next time I think I will bring the "villagers chasing monster" type torches! 

Thanks to everyone who joined in. 

PollyPoPo

Open flame torches outside of controlled fire-pit areas is probably frowned on.  Best check with rengypsy or mpullen before lighting a torch to carry around the grounds.

A battery powered flashlight would be safer.  ;)  ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

PollyPoPo

Regarding using torches in Central Texas Woodland - it was not meant to be taken seriously.  Sorry, I have to get used to putting in the emoticons to indicate jest.

Polly PoPo
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)