News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Golden Apples of the Sun

Started by Demetrius, May 30, 2010, 12:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demetrius

As faire rapidly approaches and our excitement continues to build I am thinking about all the great food at faire and wondering what favorites people are looking forward to eating once again...

Personally, I find the Queen's Apple to be quite spectacular. A Granny Smith apple cored, in a bowl with hot caramel and whipped cream- and is very affordable for just about any knave.

So, what do you love to eat at faire...

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

The Smashed taters with cheese are Toki and my favorite now to nibble one. Baron of Beef and steak on a stake are good as well. Sausage on a stick is also one I like with LOTS of mustard on it and the fried corn can be good as well but the corn has to be flavorful and we know that not all corn can be good.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mistress Charlotte

I like quick easy "finger" food... that I can nibble on between customers...  The thai green beans are one of my fave and the red beans and rice.  and I allow myself one bag of cinnamon almonds per season..
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Blushing

I'll second the thai green beans ... with peanut sauce! =)

And the teriyaki chicken with rice is also on my list of favorites.

The pumpkin fudge is my favorite sinful treat.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Adriana Rose

The queens apples are my favorite by far. I just never seem to make it back to the shop with all my whipped cream though.. ::)

Thai beans are yummy, Sweet potato fries and fried pickles

Tanda

Sausage on a stick
Beef stew in a bread bowl
Frozen Mocha
Funnel Cake
Cinnamon Almonds
Teryaki Chicken
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Slightly melted Chocolate covered marshmallows
That yummy trail mix I make and bring. Full of Life and chocolate.
And....PICKLES!

This year, I plan on branching out more. There seems to be a whole section of the food court I've managed to miss all these years.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

holierthanthou

Here's my fav's... You now know why I'm so hefty!  LOL

Sunflower seed bread with icing (special request to the bakery, but they do it no extra charge.  My favorite Elizabeth and Monk got me going on this stuff.)

The Thai Green beans... I love those buggers!

Sweet potato fries ( they go down in price in the late afternoon, and are still good even if they sit under a heat lamp)

Those darn pretzels!  Jen got me hooked on them last year.  Great pick me up if you are stuck in your booth.

The artichoke hearts with both butter and mayo.  (beware though... there can be extra protein in this one.)

Yakatori Chicken gets me happy and going...although I sometimes like it better without the sauce! 

The Dark Chocolate truffles.  Need I say more?

'Course anything on a stick... pickle, elephant scabs (long story some will remember), sausage, chocolate covered bananas (best eaten with madrigals) and again Yakatori Chicken.

Last but not least... The garlic cloves preserved with jalapenos!  Garlic Festival Booth sells them.  Also love dipping the bread in the herb mixes.   
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Norfolk

For myself, the meat ball sandwich; for the Baroness, the foccacia.  For desert, we both like the frozen mocha.

Just thinking about it gives us Christmas stomach!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Spleen

Scotch Eggs
Thai Green Beans
an me favrite -  Elephant Scab and Cheesy Garlic Bread - Put em t'gather, and ye has yerself an Elephant Scarvy Sandwich!

Zoë

The day doesn't start properly without a frozen mocha and possibly a croissant...then for lunch I enjoy smashed taters with butter and cheese, or steak on a stake, or cheesy bread, or "hot dog in a pretzel"...every so often the girls in my booth will all go in on a "Death by Chocolate" and share that, it's much too rich for one person but four or five can get quite enough bites of yumminess. 

Also, I had no idea about the sweet potato fries, where are they??
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

holierthanthou

Sweet potato fries are located at the end of the row in Elephant loop.  They sell the Thai green beans there and fajitas or something fajitaish!
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Zoë

Guess I know where I'll be heading this opening day!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy