News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thank you - From the Harlequin Jester/Elf Girl

Started by HarlequinMiss, May 30, 2010, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarlequinMiss

I just wanted to tell everyone at the Faire thank you so much for providing an excellent weekend!! My husband and his friend had never been to a Ren. Faire before, and I could not resist the opportunity to bring them. I had never visited the VA Ren. Faire, but we all had an absolutely amazing time. The entire weekend you all provided such energy and passion, that we all dreaded the ride home.

I've played a Jester at a few faire's before, but I can honestly say I've never had so much fun!!

Thank you so much everyone. I'm hoping that we'll be able to return for another weekend this season, but if not, then we will -definitely- see you all next year!!

WizOne

We were THRILLED to have you as well!  You were totally in character right from the ticket booth, entertaining those standing in line behind your hubby and his friend and stayed in character as I saw you throughout the day.  I know our cast loved working with you as they gain energy from patrons who come prepared to 'play'.  I'm glad they guys enjoyed themselves as well.  I know we're much smaller than many of the commercial events out there but I defy you to find any group with more passion and greater interaction.  Please come back again.

Feline Groovy

You'll have to come back and play with us again!  I saw you throughout the day but never had the opportunity to play with you myself.  And of course you know, it's all about ME.   ;)
Where was I going and how do I get there?

HarlequinMiss

Thank you so much WizOne! I had so much fun and I completely agree, the cast was so passionate and energetic! Interaction is the number one thing to me, which is something that big Faire's unfortunately sometimes forget. However the VA Faire has nothing to worry about in that department ;) You all are amazing!

Ohh I'm sorry I didn't get to see you Feline! I shall definitely come jest around you next time ^_^

Spanky

Here are a few photo's that I took over the weekend .

Spank'n M'Crack

HarlequinMiss

Wow!! I love them!! :D

My husband has such a grumpy face xD I swear he's a sweetheart though!!

will paisley

Quote from: HarlequinMiss on May 31, 2010, 02:28:22 PM
Thank you so much WizOne! I had so much fun and I completely agree, the cast was so passionate and energetic! Interaction is the number one thing to me, which is something that big Faire's unfortunately sometimes forget. However the VA Faire has nothing to worry about in that department ;)

You definitely picked the right faire, then.  For various reasons, we have an unusually low patron to cast ratio, so street interaction is a large part of the entertainment offered by our faire.  Many patrons who are used to other faires fail to take advantage of this, and will simply go from stage show to stage show looking for "entertainment".  Hopefully you made it to either the Court of Common Pleas or the Court of Courtly Love, as these are the best opportunities for patrons to "take the stage" and become part of the act.

Although I did see you at faire (you're bloody hard to miss  ;)), I didn't get a chance to come by; the closest I got was performing for one food line while you were waiting in the other.  After that I stumbled over to a nearby tent to collapse from the heat.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Master James

Glad you enjoyed our little faire!  I saw you a number of times as well but was busy so never got the chance to stop by and play with you.  Being in court and on scripted cast leaves me very little free time throughout the day.  Hopefully there will be some time next time you stop by.  I have seen you at a number of other faires as well and always have loved your garb and the way you play.  Hope to see you again real soon.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

HarlequinMiss

It was soooo hot!! I don't blame you for collapsing in the shade Will!! I was going to go as the Jester again on Sunday, but we had to drive home immediately after we left the Faire and I didn't want to fall asleep with so much make up on lol!

I sincerely hope that I'll be able to make it back this season Master James. If not, I will definitely be back next year :)

Dirtfarmer

No more hot... hot bad... last Sunday is the second closest I've been to falling out in 20 years... and I missed Saturday.  More water less beer for me this Friday night.