News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What should I wear...

Started by Aelynn of Georgina, May 31, 2010, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelynn of Georgina

...on my head with this ensemble?

I only have a few days before faire, and I'm quite stumped.  I might just have to wait and buy something at faire, but I need to know what I'm looking for.  My real hair is much shorter than this... I have a fake hair piece clipped on at the back in this photo.

Or could I get away with not wearing anything at all on my head and just wearing the hair piece?

gem

Flower garland!

Unless your fair isn't shady, in which case I recommend a straw hat.

Lady Renee Buchanan

I agree with Gem, the straw hat, but I would buy that before you get to faire.  If you wanted some other kind of hat besides a straw hat, I'd wait till faire. 

A muffin cap would look nice with that.  I also love the feather headbands (and hope to get one to match my new garb). 

If it were me, I'd wear a straw hat, and when I got to the faire, buy a flower garland to put around the brim.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Adriana Rose

I may be a little biased but a nice Garland would be nice

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Be sure to add a nice parasol.

I bought a new one on Saturday at the Chippewa Falls Renaissance Festival in Wisconsin that is a heavier Rice Paper with a shelack finish. That vendor was doing a bangup business because it was sunny, with a cool breeze, and very little shade.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

dragongirl

I think a nice mop cap with a matching ribbon would look pretty with that.  Especially, since you can tuck you hair in the mop cap and not have to worry about the length.  If you want to add a staw hat over the cap you can. 
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Aelynn of Georgina

I was thinking about a flower garland, as that is what I have done for my daughters, but I wasn't sure.  I also like the straw hat idea, just because I love straw hats.  I will go out this evening and get myself one to take with me just in case it's too sunny.  I am not sure how much shade there will be, and I don't cope well with too much heat or sun, so I would like to have the option.

I have to say that this forum is the most helpful forum I've ever encountered.  For anything!  You guys are all so wonderful about not making judgments or laughing at me.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and help!

Cheers!   

gem

Aelynn, I wear my straw hat all the time, and it is *amazing* how much cooler it keeps me! It really is exactly like having your very own personal shade everywhere you go.  :D  I also get more compliments on it when I have my Hairlooms garland on it than any other garb I own:

Adriana Rose

I love it when poeple put garlands on their hats it makes it look fabbo!

(again I am a little biased lol)