News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Waaah! Its all over for this year :(

Started by cowgrrl, May 31, 2010, 10:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowgrrl

This season seemed to go by sooo fast.  There was so much new to me this year but other things that were still left unfinished or undone.  A few highlights:

-Rendevous:  It was so fun to see people from all over the US come to visit 'our little faire'.  I'm hoping we can visit CoRF next year as part of TX group.

-Those little moments.  We all have them.  I loved just sitting and talking or listening in on conversations or just watching the world & people go by.  I think this year is the first I've really enjoyed talking to other Rennies or just 'danes out for the day. 

-Favorite new show: Adam Crack

-Favorite Existing Show:  Queen Anne's Lace (I didn't get to see them enough this year)

-Favorite SAPA Event:  Tie between the Chess Match, Historical Weapons Demo and the English Wrestling.  I love to learn & I get so much out of these events.

Only 44 weeks until we can do it all over again!!  Hopefully we can get a 'fix' at TRF in October or November.

Merlin the Elder

I share your pain... `tho some other pain is thrown in there from the heat this weekend...

This year marked the first year that we were able to afford to make more than one trip to Scarby. I wanted to hold out yesterday to make the closing cannon, but we gave out around 4:30, having been there since 8:15.  It would have given us the opening day opening cannon and the closing day closing cannon.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyStitch

Ok how much of  Rennie am I when I got off a plane from NZ and realized it got in early enough we could have made it for 3 hours.  Unfortunatly we didn't have our passes on us, otherwise I think I might have actually done it. 

Trust me we are both bummed it is all over. We are already missing everyone.  Only 44 weeks until TRF opening!
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

angusmacinnes

Was a great season and Lady Stitch it is 44 weeks to opening Cannon of Scarby.  TRF will be much sooner.   ;D

Good to hear you guys made it home from NZ safe.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

LadyStitch

Tells you that my brain is still not completely functioning.  Those 24 hour plane trips take it out of you.  One person should not see two dawns in the same day.

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

eloquentXI

I'm stunned it flew by so fast. I wish we could do it all over again.

Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Ronald the Bald

You can do it all over again. In 44 weeks it seems.

Wolfhawker

WITHDRAWAL PAIN !!!!!!!!!

HELP !!!!!!!

(I need a fix !!!!)
Na Fir Dileas
Clan McLotofus - The Order of Culloden Moor
QOH/QRHG
IBRS #1654
RMG #921
Assassin's Guild
RenRat Nat

squiregaby

I was doing good at closing cannon...I cried during the final singing of The Parting Glass.....and then I stopped.  And then dang it Harley had to go and cry when we were saying our goodbyes and set me off again
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Clarendon

Quote from: Wolfhawker on June 01, 2010, 09:52:58 PM
WITHDRAWAL PAIN !!!!!!!!!

HELP !!!!!!!

(I need a fix !!!!)

If your needing a fix this might help. This coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (June 4,5,6) the Texas Scottish Festival is going to be held at UTA's Maverick Stadium in Arlington. Lots of good music and the Highland Games. Oh, and there will be Whisky tasting in room 106 on Saturday at 4:30-5:00pm and then at 6:00-7:00pm. Double check the schedule on the times.
Here is a link to the Festival. http://www.texasscottishfestival.com/index.htm
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

SocialSiren

Quote from: cowgrrl on May 31, 2010, 10:10:11 PM

-Favorite SAPA Event:  Tie between the Chess Match, Historical Weapons Demo and the English Wrestling.  I love to learn & I get so much out of these events.

The English Wrestling is back this year! We have both Men's and Ladies' matches! We are in Pecan Grove by the Maypole at 4:30 pm. Come and root on your favorite wrestler! (We also have a new FB page!)

Laney aka Cara Kellogg, Souse-wife of Scarborough (and lady wrestler!)
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

DonaCatalina

Withdrawal - I has it- borrowed from various photographers

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess