News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Favorite Movie to watch for killer Garb?

Started by Adriana Rose, June 03, 2010, 11:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman Blurt

This thread is over a year old, but i am new here so forgive me if i chime in late. i havent heard anyone mention movies that are steampunk realated and have great steampunk garb. I can only think of two movies that i have seen that have a steampunk theme, Wild Wild West - Will Smith and Hellboy 2. LOL. Have any of you seen any other steampunk movies to pull ideas for faire costumes?

dragongirl

Quote from: Seaman Blurt on September 15, 2011, 08:43:14 AM
This thread is over a year old, but i am new here so forgive me if i chime in late. i havent heard anyone mention movies that are steampunk realated and have great steampunk garb. I can only think of two movies that i have seen that have a steampunk theme, Wild Wild West - Will Smith and Hellboy 2. LOL. Have any of you seen any other steampunk movies to pull ideas for faire costumes?

Try Sucker Punch
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Zardoz

Ideas for Steampunk

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Disney)
The Golden Compass
Steamboy
The League Of Extraodinary Gentlemen
Dune
The City Of Lost Children
Master of the World
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Seaman Blurt

isabelladangelo

The first movie that comes to mind for Steampunk, behind anything that is Jules Verne, is Return to Oz from the mid-1980's.  Check out the wheelers! 

operafantomet

Probably no way of seeing this, since the production closed in May 2011... But the Copenhagen production of "Wicked" was steampunk delight! OMG, I gorged in steampunk for three hours. It was fantastic. Pictures can't do it justice (nor can the few video clips I've found on YouTube), but anyway....

http://www.detnyteater.dk/om_teatret/tidligere_forestillinger/wicked/lyd_og_billeder/

Adriana Rose

Its very strange hearing those songs in Norwegian.

That is on my have to see list.

operafantomet

Adriana Rose

Butch

The remake of True Grit has a short in the bonus material that is all about how the costume master put together the garb for all of the actors.  I thought it was very interesting!  It reminded me of the research I have done for my garbing projects!  Check it out.

Captain Dungcaster

Shakespear in Love.

Shakespear. Tim Curry plays the bard. BBC

The Spanish Film, The El Escorial Conspiracy
http://youtu.be/5hGYSIqZRPk
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

jackrocks

The new Three Musketeers looks promsing, as far as costumes go!!:) Im looking forward to it.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Shakespeare In Love
ELIZABETH R
Dangerous Beauty
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Rowan MacD

Snow white and the Huntsman may be a contender-according to the press release, this 'dung beetle gown' worn by the queen was one of the hardest to make, but thanks to post production editing only got a few seconds of screen time.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Ser Niall

Just started watching The Tudors on Netflix.  Talk about an overload of Ren Fair costume ideas.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.