News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Went today, had a good time

Started by hitchhiker90, June 05, 2010, 10:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitchhiker90

Hi All!  First time using RenaissanceFestival.com Forums so this is my first post (take it easy on me).  Went to the Virginia Ren Faire today and had a great time.  It was more like a shopping spree than actual faire due to the number of vendors and the money I spent.  It was awesome seeing people of all kinds there and took lots of photos.  Pirate Invasion weekend was what really drew me to the faire.  The only drawback was one of the food vendors was less than courteous when trying to serve its customers. If you didn't have exact change they weren't going to serve you. Other than that everything was good. I felt really honored when people were complementing us on our attire. :)  Will do it again next year.

Hibernian

Welcome! Virginia is a great fair with a cast that will go the extra to make sure you have a good time.

Don't forget to visit with the three fine shires just down the road from Virginia. The NCRF in eastern Carolina during the spring is another small faire with a very friendly gang. Carolina RF, is larger with a real buildings, just north of Charlotte and will host an RF/M'Crack invasion in November. Maryland, the biggest of these four, will see a massive invasion over Labor Day. Come for the tailgate, see the faire, and stay for the after tailgate! That will be a great time to meet alot of people from the RF forums and visit a great faire.

Enjoy the forums, glad you found us.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Feline Groovy

Ah ha!  I saw you yesterday.  :)  Of course you realize you have to come back next weekend for Celtic/closing weekend.  You know, so you can see all the stuff you missed because you were shopping the first time around.  (And buy all the stuff you didn't buy the first time around, too.  ;)  I'm usually about halfway home when it hits me, 'Guh! I didn't go back to X to get Y! Poop!')
Where was I going and how do I get there?

hitchhiker90

@Hibernian I've been to two of those three listed, mainly the NC based ones. I'd love to go to the Maryland one and see what is there and plan accordingly.

@Feline Groovy  eek! You saw me?  :-[ I hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself. I'd like to go back this weekend but the 4 hour drive and work will prevent me from doing so.  That's not going to stop me from going to the next one wherever it may be.  Probably FairyFest in NC.

Feline Groovy

Next year?  What about next (i.e. this) weekend?!?    :D  Foliage and all, natch.

Feline Groovy

Quote from: hitchhiker90 on June 09, 2010, 12:35:10 PM
@Feline Groovy  eek! You saw me?  :-[ I hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself. I'd like to go back this weekend but the 4 hour drive and work will prevent me from doing so.  That's not going to stop me from going to the next one wherever it may be.  Probably FairyFest in NC.

No worries, it's part of my job to see everyone.  :)  I'm just sorry I didn't get an opportunity pick on- I mean play with you.  Hopefully next time, whenever that may be!