News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Annual Clan M'Crack Gathering - July 2, 3, 4th

Started by Capt Lucy, June 07, 2010, 02:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Lucy

3rd Annual M'Crack Family Gather'n
July 2nd: 6pm to ?? Meet N Greet (see venue info below)
July 3rd: After opening gate we will assemble for our annual "Pilgrimage to the Pub" (named after our Patriarch of the Clan M'Crack – HooDoo)
July 3rd: After faire close, Clan Gathering at Hoodoo's Pub
July 4th: Sunday Faire & Farewells

Attendees
Rimm M'Crack "Clan M'Crack Lord High Chieftain"
Peddlin M'Crack  "#1 "
Lairde Gaurd'n M'Crack (Clan O'Ceallaig Chieftain)
Lairde Hamish M'Crack (Clan O'Treasaigh Chieftain) & Sniff'n M'Crack (aka: Sir Ed & Linda )
Lairde Dubl'n M'Crack (Clan O'Neill Chieftain)  & Heal'n M'Crack  (aka: Hibernian & Lady)
Lairde Prod'n & Pok'n
Rook'n M'Crack (the tallest Lepus)
Pin'n M'Crack & Chuck'n M'Crack
Pussy'n and her FoCM husband (Randy)
Yankin,
Groomin,
Bee'n (Clan Boru Cheiftain),
High'n and Pretty'n,
Shutter'n (Clan O'Maille Chieftain),
Sand'n (Clan O'Fearghail Chieftain)  
Risen (Clan O'Conchobhair Chieftain),
Ratz'n,
Leaves'n,
Spam'n,
Party'n,
Leatherneck,
Groom'n,
Blow'n
Screw'n
Scratch
Just'n
Gnosh'n
Follow
Pegos M'Crack
Bugs'n M'Crack
Shoot'n (aka: Brad)
Deep'n M'Crack (Clan Griffin Chieftain)  (aka: Gimili)
Booty'n M'Crack & Lepus ( aka: Capt Lucy Buckles & Liam "Snort" Buckles)
Slack'n M'Crack  (aka: CapnFayeCutler)
Iron'n M'Crack    (aka: Sir Ironhead)
Chime'n M'Crack (aka: Windchime)
Tinker'n M'Crack & Toll'n M'Crack  (aka: Old Tinker & Belle)

PETs
Ride M'Crack & Spin M'Crack  (aka: Sir Jim & Lady Helen)
Jimmy'n & his lovely unnamed (Jimmy & Missy)
Rom'n (Katie McBrewer)

LODGING
Best Western Shelbyville Lodge - Our Official KYHRF, Faire Lodge
web site:  http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=18051
114 Isaac Shelby Dr. At KY 55
Shelbyville, Kentucky, 40065
Phone: 502-633-4400

Be sure to mention you are with the M'Cracks.  There are supposed to be 10 or so blocked for us (more may be available if needed but this place will fill quickly due to the holiday weekend)

BEST WESTERN SHELBYVILLE LODGE Amenities
•   Continental Breakfast
•   Pets Allowed
•   Data Ports
•   Car Rent Desk
•   Family Rooms
-       Outdoor Pool
BEST WESTERN SHELBYVILLE LODGE Driving Directions
DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM ALL DIRECTIONS. THE BEST WESTERN SHELBYVILLE LODGE IS LOCATED AT INTERSTATE 64 AND HIGHWAY 55 AT EXIT 32B.

Lairde Hamish has also invited the M'Cracks to stay onsite at the campground.  So for any of you who wish to "tent it" there will be space available.   It is primitive camping only however there will be a couple of port-o-pots for us and the showers will be available.   ALL PEOPLE WISHING TO CAMP MUST BE REGISTERED!  So please let me know if you would like to and I will make sure you get the proper form to fill out.  (This campground is only used by cast, vendors and staff of the faire so he will need to be able to let security know who will be coming and going)

FAIRE INFO
Web site:  http://www.kyrenfaire.com

Hours are: 10am – 7pm
Located @ 955 Elm St. Eminence KY, 40019

Driving Directions to KYHRF:
From Lexington or Louisville: I-64 to Exit 35 (Shelbyville Exit). Turn north towards Shelbyville. (You'll pass a Cracker Barrel on the right) Travel north on Hwy 55 for 12 miles or so when you will reach Eminence. In Eminence turn right onto HWY 22 (Look for the Dairy Queen and turn Right onto 22). Drive half a mile. Venue is on the right across from Southern States. The drive for the venue is gravel and surrounded by fence.

From North: Take I-71S to Hwy 421E (Exit 34) to Hwy 55S through New Castle then Left onto Hwy 22 in Eminence.

I also would like to remind everyone coming that cash is not accepted by the food/drink vendors.  You MUST buy "coins of the realm" in order to purchase food and drink.  There are TWO locations available:

1. Right outside the front gate where we will assemble for the "Pilgrimage to the Pub"
2. Right next to the pub

I would suggest getting them BEFORE you go in for the simple fact that if you don't, you will have to stand in a line of other M'Cracks to get them THEN get your Guinness ;)

FRIDAY MEET N GREET
From 6pm on, we have the patio area and I made sure to let them know we drink LOTS of Guinness, lol.
O'Shea's Irish Pub
http://www.osheaslouisville.net/osheas.php
956 Baxter Avenue
Louisville, KY 40204
502-589-7373

It is right across the street from last year's meet n greet. (for those of you who attended)  If anyone needs additional directions please let me know.

Saturday night July 3rd after gates close, Lairde Hamish has invited all of the M'Cracks to gather at Hoodoo's Pub again!  It will be a great time with great people!  

(I will keep this info updated as best I can, if you have anything to add please let me know!)

Booty'n M'Crack
Cruise Director, Clan O'Treasaigh

M'Crack Schedule!!!

Friday July 2nd
6pm on: Meet N Greet @ O'Shea's Irish Pub

Saturday July 3rd:
9:00am - Gather in the parking lot to get ready for opening gate
10:00am - Opening Gate (be sure to get your "coins of the realm" for drinks & food!)
Shortly after: Annual M'Crack Pilgrimage to Hoodoo's Pub!!!  :D
11:00am M'Crack family photo (meet at the Pub)
3:00 Hoodoo's Pub Chieftan's Toast
7:00pm til ?? M'Crack family gathering at Hoodoo's Pub "after hours" (M'Crack's and PETs only)

Sunday
Faire open 10am to 7pm
Farewells

FYI: I did not get any requests for camping so Lairde Hamish has not set up the area for any M'Cracks

CHIEFTANS!  Please do not forget to bring your clan's banner's to be displayed at Hoodoo's Pub :D

Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Old Tinker

well done our Booty'n, very well done..
Thank you so much,

Tinker'n M'Crack
Oculas Nox, Clan O'Treasaigh
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Gimli

My lady Lucy Chuck'n and the one monsignor are the same. The Monsignor just goes to my count of who will be Clergy.
Now you can't really blame that on me.

Capt Lucy

lol, ok thanks Brother Gimli!  I just copied what Tinker gave me....  lol, I'm still learning my role here, lol

BTW... you owe me a hug :(
Booty'n Penny

Pinn

Take Sketch'n off the list. She has to work. :'(
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Hibernian

Excellent job, no one will ever realize you're a new cruise director!

We'll be coming in too late on Friday evening to make the meet-n-greet but look forward to seeing everyone at the hotel and the faire.

Also, you may add Rook'n M'Crack (the tallest Leapus) to the list of attendees.

Huzzah!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Peddlin

Lucy, Dear -

You are doing a fine job! You're hired!

:-* :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Gimli

Now you can't really blame that on me.

Bugsy

Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Capt Lucy

Okies, I NEED to know who is interested in camping ASAP.  Hamish needs a head count.  You cannot camp without being registered first.  If I get no response, I will assume there is no interest.  Thanks!
Booty'n Penny

Capt Lucy

I also would like to remind everyone coming that cash is not accepted by the food/drink vendors.  You MUST buy "coins of the realm" in order to purchase food and drink.  There are TWO locations available:

1. Right outside the front gate where we will assemble for the "Pilgrimage to the Pub"
2. Right next to the pub

I would suggest getting them BEFORE you go in for the simple fact that if you don't, you will have to stand in a line of other M'Cracks to get them THEN get your Guinness ;)  
Booty'n Penny

Pinn

Are you saying we might be drinking.....a lot?
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Master James

Quote from: Capt Lucy on June 17, 2010, 08:46:28 AM

2. Right next to the pub

Can you turn them back in if you don't use them all and get your money back?  This will make a big difference on how many people will get at a time.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Capt Lucy

Quote from: PinnMcrack on June 17, 2010, 10:45:16 AM
Are you saying we might be drinking.....a lot?

Just a hunch...  ;)

@Master James... I am checking on this as I do not know the answer!
Booty'n Penny

WindChime

If you can't exchange them for cash at the end of the weekend just stop by my booth before you leave and I'll do it for you. We have to eat and drink to. Plus I except the coins for merchandise anyway. I can cash them in on Sundays after the faire closes. Just incase the answer is no.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF