News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Almost Famous

Started by will paisley, June 02, 2008, 06:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will paisley

Though lowlandscot already posted about this and linked to the slideshow here, I didn't want to hijack the picture thread by discussing the article there.

VARF made it into the Richmond Times-Dispatch:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/entertainment.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-06-02-0048.html

I think a fan quoted in the last paragraph of the article has given us our new motto:

"Some people might think it's silly, but coming here gives you a different look at history," said Evan Povar, a Henrico County resident who toured "Stafford" with a group of friends. "It's like Jamestown on crack."
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

reese

LOLROFLMAO...uh yea we're "on crack" all right, too too funny! 

The irony is, we're all doing this sober; well as far as I know, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!  Who needs drugs when you have Faire!

Reese

lowlandscot

Maybe someday the tables will be turned: people will go to Jamestown and say "This is like VARF with sleep apnea."

reese

ohhhhhhhhhhhh too funny!!!  Poor Jamestown, they don't deserve that, really.   ::) ;D

Reese

jmkhalfmoon

I'm going to assume the quoted "jamestown on crack" does not mean to day we are all a bunch of whacked out junkies.  Oh wait......we are, not druggies, just rennies.

lowlandscot

With the coming Clan M'Crack Invasion, "Jamestown on (m')Crack" may take on a whole new, and slightly more raffish, meaning.

Master James

Quote from: lowlandscot on June 04, 2008, 06:57:17 PM
With the coming Clan M'Crack Invasion, "Jamestown on (m')Crack" may take on a whole new, and slightly more raffish, meaning.

You M'Crack me up!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

aidenoffairfax

AHHHH! Master James! I didn't think you would get in on the bad pun thing... I guess you were just taking your m'crack at it!
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Benedict Browne

Do you think that Jamestown could ever recover from a M'Crack Invasion?
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

aidenoffairfax

Depends on the size of the m'crack doing the invading!
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!