News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Spirit and Soul of Sherwood

Started by rengypsy, June 14, 2010, 09:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

Dear Sherwood Tribe,

I wanted to thank you all who attended this last weekend.  The work crew did a remarkable job. Pirous said the work done Saturday morning just within the faire grounds represented between 3-4 weeks of labor for he and zane.  Amazing statement of commitment from the Sherwood family toward the soulful goal of creating something much more than a business at Sherwood.

I had expected we might have 50-75 people show in the dead of summer...and i am quite certain we had over 400 folk attend.  

The evening event was wonderful.  I crashed at 1am, but hear the excitement went on until 4am.  (I am getting old, you know)

The food as great.  The entertainment by the belly dancers, the conversations, the drumming, the fire twirling, the mead and ale, the family that is ours all around and about sherwood--very powerful stuff.

It is very much like coming home.

George wrote me a text last night reflecting on how many folk indicated similar feelings to him this weekend.

When we first met on the grounds Saturday afternoon, we embraced and he said, "I have been very moody lately, but being here has freed my spirit and I feel alive again."

Loved to drive thru the campgrounds and seeing all the excitement and activity.  Mike Pullen indicated he has all but one of the clan areas dedicated at this point.  We appreciate the ownership the clans have taken.  Good meeting one of the elders of Vallhalla who was unable to make it during our first year of sherwood, but attended this week.

Beautiful souls all about.

One told me that as they approached the faire grounds proper they could feel the energy exuding outward.

We are building something quite spectacular, dear friends, dear brothers and sisters.

Cheers,
Rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with