News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NYRF Opens Aug 7th

Started by Jay Byrd, June 14, 2010, 11:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laedyfaire

you might be right there BOTL..I am only aware this year b/c we did not buy the Queen's passes. Poor and/or lack of planning on our part :-[

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Jay Byrd on June 18, 2010, 08:51:01 AM
Although my lovely wife will not be joining us my oldest two, those of you that have seen me know who they are, my sister and my friend from Cali will be there.

Jay Byrd

I met the kids.. I don't think I met your sister and friend though? Looking forward to it though! If everyone is there for opening gate we should try to just meet near that bar right by the info booth where you first come in. Seems like an easy spot to link up (?)

laedyfaire

good spot...although we may be there on sunday and not opening day..LF

Green Monk

I will be near The dim bulb & Bull pub right after opening gate ;D

chainsmith

I will be attending on opening weekend as well. I am hoping for coupons at least. If anyone sees any please let us (I have a few people I am funding to go to faire on saturday) so I can not pay full on 3 people or so.

Jay Byrd

Go to the web site and print out the coupons.  I also suggest buying them on line if you can with the discount as the lines opening day are usually long.

Jay Byrd

Jay Byrd

Green Monk,

I will hopefully see you there.  We can throw a few back and see the sights.  I can't wait.  What is it 2 Days?!?!?!?!

Jay Byrd

Green Monk

Quote from: Jay Byrd on August 05, 2010, 01:13:51 AM
Green Monk,

I will hopefully see you there.  We can throw a few back and see the sights.  I can't wait.  What is it 2 Days?!?!?!?!

Jay Byrd

Yes we can !!!!!!!!!!
#gstq

Jay Byrd

1 count them.........1 day.

So I'm at work telling every one to go faster and get done because I have to go home and polish my sword.  they look at me and I say, " No, that's not a euphemism for playing with myself."  Then I tell them about NYRF.

But back to the main point 1

Jay Byrd

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Jay Byrd on August 06, 2010, 01:05:46 AM
1 count them.........1 day.

So I'm at work telling every one to go faster and get done because I have to go home and polish my sword.  they look at me and I say, " No, that's not a euphemism for playing with myself."  Then I tell them about NYRF.

But back to the main point 1

Jay Byrd

Well, I'm ready to go. Only a few more hours hehehe.  I'll be lingering near the gates looking for you all.

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Bob of the Lake on August 03, 2010, 11:56:35 AM
My memory is going as quickly as the hair on my head but my recollection is that it's been at least 3 years since they did the 2 for 1. I'm pretty sure last year was a discounted admission on opening weekend also.

I think the rationale is that they want to encourage people to fork over their money early so they don't want to undercut the Early Bird discount which comes out in December--$12.00 this year--at a later point in time. If they offer a deal that is better than $12.00, then people will buy fewer tickets in December.  I'm just guessin'...

Hey Bob! Was good to meet you! We still have to find a way to get everyone together hehe.

I'll be there every weekend, both days, so feel free to come find me. I do water-bearing for the cast all day, so I wander the grounds a lot. However, I am always at both maypole dances, and most of the RH Bridge Scenes so you can always find me lingering in those places each day.

Bob of the Lake

It was good to meet you too, Brother Robert! I guess loitering after Pub Sing is a good way to find people (if you know what they look like  ;)).  I'll probably be there next week for one of the days but I don't know which one yet. Now that I know where to find you, I'll be sure to stop by one of your "events" and say "hi."

Judging from opening day, I think we are in for a fine Faire season!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

chainsmith

There is a chance I will be there on saturday again second and third weekends. I spend a lot of my free time (between the shows I really like) at the smithy and at Luundgard Guildhall.

laedyfaire

Great opening weekend....looks like a pretty good season upon us.. will be coming in this weekend..not sure which day yet though...Huzzah! LF

Aiacha

Had a wonderful time this past Saturday.  Everyone with me had a good time, and the weather was perfect!