News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NYRF Opens Aug 7th

Started by Jay Byrd, June 14, 2010, 11:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChuck

We went today. Anyone else think the faire has improved overall? More shows and event space, and things going on. Far more music (find the guy playing the hammered dulcimer if you're going on 8/29 - he's really great) and bagpiping than I've seen in years past.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Bob of the Lake

Quote from: theChuck on August 28, 2010, 09:53:20 PM
We went today. Anyone else think the faire has improved overall? More shows and event space, and things going on. Far more music (find the guy playing the hammered dulcimer if you're going on 8/29 - he's really great) and bagpiping than I've seen in years past.

I was there Saturday too, and I think what they're doing this year is great. I especially like that the cast interacts more with patrons--it makes it feel more like we're all a big family. Music is always a big part of Faire for me so I'm jazzed (no pun intended!) by the current groups, and by the guest artists they've brought in. Three Pints Shy last weekend, The Brigands, The Ramblin' Sailors, and Vince Conaway (the hammered dulcimer guy) this weekend were all fantastic. I hope management keeps bringing in guest musicians. I do miss seeing a full Shakespeare play but other than that, I really like the "new look!"
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Jay Byrd

I too like all of the music.  And the thing I miss the most is a Shakespearean play.

Did any one go the Sunday that it rained?  I was there with my kids.  We did a lot of shopping.

Jay Byrd

Bob of the Lake

Quote from: Jay Byrd on August 29, 2010, 09:20:36 PM
I too like all of the music.  And the thing I miss the most is a Shakespearean play.

Did any one go the Sunday that it rained?  I was there with my kids.  We did a lot of shopping.

Jay Byrd

I saw the weather forecast for Sunday so didn't go. Some rain is OK but not the kind of rain we had on Sunday!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

laedyfaire

whoa...the Brigands were there this past weekend? and Vince Conway? ( Last time we saw him was years ago at Stockwood Faire at Twin Lakes! ) am I missing something? My mundane life here is so over bearing these days and I do not get on line often...was there an announcement on the NYRF website? How do we find out what is going on?!!? How times have changed....we used to make faire every weekend..back to back days! now..we are lucky if we can make it to faire 3 times a season... :(...ok...off to drown my sorrows...LF

oh...before I do...yes, I think this year's faire is wonderful! Hopefully, next year, if Bret comes back, things will be even more wonderful! Maybe Daniel Greenwolf too? :)) Love his show..now..off for that pint...

Jay Byrd

Hey Green Monk I still owe you a pint!!!
I should be there this Sunday.

Jay Byrd

Bob of the Lake

Quote from: laedyfaire on August 30, 2010, 03:55:57 PM
whoa...the Brigands were there this past weekend? and Vince Conway? ( Last time we saw him was years ago at Stockwood Faire at Twin Lakes! ) am I missing something? My mundane life here is so over bearing these days and I do not get on line often...was there an announcement on the NYRF website? How do we find out what is going on?!!? How times have changed....we used to make faire every weekend..back to back days! now..we are lucky if we can make it to faire 3 times a season... :(...ok...off to drown my sorrows...LF

oh...before I do...yes, I think this year's faire is wonderful! Hopefully, next year, if Bret comes back, things will be even more wonderful! Maybe Daniel Greenwolf too? :)) Love his show..now..off for that pint...

LF, I didn't see or hear anything in advance about the Brigands and Vince Conway being there last weekend. The only "announced" special guests were the Ramblin' Sailors so I guess the others were "surprise" special guests. It was a very nice surprise, I must say!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Aiacha

Actaully, I have a question.  We stopped and had a drink at the Blue Boar Inn, and I don't recall that pub from years ago...is it new?  New to me would be at least 5 years old, mind you.

What a cool pub that was!  I'd be spending way too much time there, I think.

Bob of the Lake

Quote from: Aiacha on August 31, 2010, 07:22:56 AM
Actaully, I have a question.  We stopped and had a drink at the Blue Boar Inn, and I don't recall that pub from years ago...is it new?  New to me would be at least 5 years old, mind you.

What a cool pub that was!  I'd be spending way too much time there, I think.

Aiacha - yes, it's relatively new. It was added 3 or 4 years ago--probably 4 by now. And I agree, it is a great place to have a drink and listen to the music. I'm usually there for 1 or 2 performances at some point during the day.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

theChuck

Quote from: Bob of the Lake on August 31, 2010, 07:19:42 AM
LF, I didn't see or hear anything in advance about the Brigands and Vince Conway being there last weekend. The only "announced" special guests were the Ramblin' Sailors so I guess the others were "surprise" special guests. It was a very nice surprise, I must say!

I actually asked Conaway about it, and he said last weekend was just a trial run for him to get to know the faire and stuff. He said he knew a good amount of people there from other places, so hopefully he'll be back next year on a more permanent basis.

Oh, and I forgot - go see Cast in Bronze if you haven't already. That act is awesome. (A bit strange playing parts of Carol of the Bells in August, but whatever...)
The Renlist - find faires near you!

laedyfaire

BOTL...yes, a nice surprize indeed! :)

Cast in Bronze is soooo nice..lay back on the lawn above, watch the clouds drift by...ahhh...memories for the winter coming.

will be there next Sunday..not this one..again...family obligations :(( faire will be over before we know it :(((( LF ( hoping to make the CT faire at least. )

Jay Byrd

Is anyone going this weekend?

Jay Byrd

Green Monk

Jay Byrd

See you there.  Let's make sure I get to buy you that ale.  I'll look for you early.

Jay Byrd

Jay Byrd

What  a great day!  I LOVE THIS FAIRE!  Only one day left.  Use it and enjoy it to the fullest.  Hope to see everyone there on the moroow.

Jay Byrd