News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

5 Months and Counting....

Started by Lady Tess, June 02, 2008, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Tess

I can't believe it's already June and it's only FIVE MONTHS until the renaissance festival comes back!

I'm really hoping The Lost Boys will be able to come this year. And I can't wait to see The London Broil!!!

Scotsman

Yup, we always look forward to CRF each year. You can always count on us for closing weekend!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Tess

I buy the seasons pass and go EVERY Saturday & Sunday..

Hibernian

Unfortunately CRF is NOT on the calendar at the Lost Boys web site.
However, the London Broil core audience will be pleased again this year!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady Tess

Yeah, I know The Lost Boys will probably not be there. I know them. But I can still pray. and yes, I am sooo excited to see my buddies The London Broil!

susannah

I thought I'd say hello here as well! I'll be attending CRF for the first time this year and I'm very excited!!!
Lady Tess, I love the Lost Boys as well...missed them at my home faire in Georgia this year! I'll hope and pray along with you for their return!
Scotsman and Hibernian, I look forward to meeting you both as well! I still need to confirm what dates I'll be there!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

Scotsman

Quote from: susannah on June 04, 2008, 09:42:26 AM
Scotsman and Hibernian, I look forward to meeting you both as well! I still need to confirm what dates I'll be there!

Me and mine will only be attending the last weekend ... as we do every year. I suggest that this is always a good time to visit because, like me, there are a lot of invaders! Hope to see you there.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

susannah

Thanks for the advice, Scotsman. Actually, closing weekend is on my list of available dates!!
Susannah

Lady Tess

I couldn't imagine not going to CRF every Saturday & Sunday.. 2007 & 2006, I did not miss a London Broil show. 2005, I only missed three (in two days) because I had to either get to the faire late or leave early. 2004 & 2003, I could only go on Saturdays and a few Sundays.

Last year (2007), we had to put our dog to sleep on a Saturday morning and I still made the first London Broil show. I felt a little bad about laughing and having a good time after having to do that.. but I knew I could not stay in that empty house.

Hibernian

Every weekend at CRF is a great weekend! But first timers be aware and watch the weather reports, Carolina can still be very hot and humid at the beginning of the run. You'll find plenty of shade from the trees and in the buildings but as always keep drinking that water. By the last weekend it's entirely possible you'll need a cloak in the morning at the tailgate but by midday almost always warms up to a glorious experience.

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady Tess

Yeah, the beginning of the faire will probably be real hot but it gets FREEZING by the end. I'm hopefully get a wool cloak as a birthday present this year!!

susannah

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep a keen eye on the weather and I look forward to seeing London Broil as well!!
Susannah

Lady Tess

They are awesome! I'll probably be at all the shows.

Lady Tess

Wandering Rogue

CRF is the only faire I seem to have time for in me busy schedule, but I wouldn't miss a weekend for anything! As I have done for the past 8 or 9 seasons, I will be there rain or shine, hot or cold in me ren garb, drinking ale and thinking to meself, "what a wonderful day tis is".

Lance
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard