News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

5 Months and Counting....

Started by Lady Tess, June 02, 2008, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim T

We're looking forward to CRF as well.  Lady Jai fell in love with it last year- it was our first visit.  She could probably be easily pursuaded to attend twice!  We'll see...
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

We'll do what we can to help yee in the endeavor Tim T!   :)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Scotsman

You gotta love a faire that serves Guinness! Very few of them out there.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Tess

ladyecho

always love going to the CRF. It's so much bigger than my home faire, Something for everyone all day long! ;D

Scotsman

Quote from: ladyecho on July 22, 2008, 01:10:36 AM
always love going to the CRF. It's so much bigger than my home faire, Something for everyone all day long! ;D

Indeed, Lady G and I always look forward to our trip South! There is no better way to close out our faire season than here!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Scarlett

When are you going Scotsman?  There's a chance Morwyn and I might hit this faire some time this season.  I have a relative who lives about an hour from the faire grounds.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Scotsman

Quote from: Scarlett on July 22, 2008, 09:07:42 AM
When are you going Scotsman?  There's a chance Morwyn and I might hit this faire some time this season.  I have a relative who lives about an hour from the faire grounds.

Lady Guinness and I always go on closing weekend - it is a pretty nice invasion and the weather usually cooperates. This year we are departing on 14 November and returning on the 16th. If you guys decide to come we will make it worth you while ... can you say bottomless tankard?
Also tell Morwyn that last year we stayed at a wicked nice Hilton in Charlotte that I think she would like ... let us know.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

There is also a new hotel opening in Davidson at exit 30, Homewood Suites.  It's 15 mins from Faire and about the same from the Galway Hooker at exit 28.

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on July 22, 2008, 09:42:02 AM
There is also a new hotel opening in Davidson at exit 30, Homewood Suites.  It's 15 mins from Faire and about the same from the Galway Hooker at exit 28.

... and it's a Hilton Property ... AWESOME ... any idea when it opens ....
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

mehan

CARP!  I asked for the wrong weekend off at work.... I guess I will be the only one at the tailgate on Nov 22nd.... sigh.....

Seriously, this means I'll only be able to come Saturday, no Friday meet and greet for me(han).....

Scotsman

Quote from: mehan on July 22, 2008, 10:29:04 AM
Seriously, this means I'll only be able to come Saturday, no Friday meet and greet for me(han).....

Now that REALLY sucks! Can Ewan come out and play Friday? ::)

Just kidding ... I hope this changes before November ... let me know if you need a water pipe to burst at your work that Friday ... I know people  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Quote from: Scotsman on July 22, 2008, 10:06:19 AM
Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on July 22, 2008, 09:42:02 AM

... and it's a Hilton Property ... AWESOME ... any idea when it opens ....

Just called, it opened a month ago...

Homewood Suites by Hilton
125 Harbour Place Drive
Davidson, North Carolina, USA, 28036
1-704-987-1818

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/index.do?WT.srch=1?WT.srch=1

it's also stumbling distance from Brickhouse Tavern..

http://www.brickhousetavern.com/

Scotsman

I like Homewood. I stay at the one in Richmond all the time. I gotta be honest, the Hilton @ University Place is really nice and it would be hard to switch after last year and how well they took care of us.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Scotsman

I just checked out the rates and I got 2 Exec suites @ Hilton Univ Place for $30 per night less. I've got to keep what I have - but I will look again for next year. Good to know there is a Hilton property closer to faire. Thanks for sharing.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56