News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thoughts on 2010 season

Started by Captain Dungcaster, June 16, 2010, 06:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Dungcaster

Thoughts on the 2010 season from the cast, volunteers, organizers?
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

GoldenGoose

Ha! Too busy recovering and tying up loose ends to be doing any thinking...

A really good season, overall, although this year we got slapped by the Heat Monster, instead of the Rain Monster.

Feline Groovy

Loved it and after a few months to recover from the heat, I'll be all set to do it again.  :)

Seriously, I think the trend of each year being better than the one before was successfully upheld on all fronts.  A lot of great ideas were implemented and more were added to the hopper for future consideration.
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

It's great to come to VARF each year and see it growing, this year you could really see a growth. I love visiting your faire.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Maerwynn

I had a blast too, even though we had to deal with extreme heat and/or thunder storms.  I agree, give me a month or two to recover and "I'll be back!"
Clan M'Crack - Breeze'n
FoMDRF
FoVarf
IWG #42

daniel paul

i had a wonderful time. all of my expectations were met. i have no complaints. however i would like to offer a bit of constructive criticism...id like to see a few more options as far as food goes. other than that...ill see you all next season, hopefully w a few of my cohorts.

Master James

Its a delicate balance between too many and too few food vendors.  If we have too many, then they don't make enough money and won't want to come back, if we have too few, then the patrons have to wait way too long and get frustrated.  We actually had 3 food vendors this year but unfortunately the new food vendor wasn't very clearly marked up on the top of the hill.  They had sausages, hamburgers, funnel cake and lemonade.  I many times had to direct people up there, especially families with kids that didn't like the other options but would eat a hamburger.  If we have them back next year, maybe they need a larger sign or move them down to the area of the other food vendors might work better.  We'll see what happens next year.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51