News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Knights wanted for cast

Started by Grace "Rum" O'Malley, June 18, 2010, 07:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

Knights wanted to join King Arthur's Round Table at this year's faire, Oct. 2nd and 3rd.  If you like to wear surcoats, chainmaille and want to be the Once and Future King's BFF, you'll fit in with our cast!  We are looking for serious costumed warriors (Rennies, playtrons, thespians, local townsfolk) who already have their gear or are willing to make/purchase clothing this summer.  Out of town Knights from other faires who would like to portray visiting characters for faire days or Local Knights who are interested in  joining our cast and learning the basics of street theater, please contact the cast director at nikkifiv@sbcglobal.net or King Arthur at amfivush@sbcglobal.net for more information.   

Sir William Marcus

I know we'll be there both days along with some of our fellow brethren that will crusading to join us at Fishers for the first time.

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lord Clisto of York

Well, I will be back again as usual and usually portray my knight anyway. Most likely with the Templar brothers.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

Excellent!  King Arthur will be most pleased to have your company as a visiting Knight Templar.  Perhaps you can explain to him your Crusade adventures; have you quested for the holy grail as well? 

Lord Clisto of York

Although I will be in the company of the Templars, I may be a secular knight from my house crusading with them as Richard. If a Templar proper, it may be Guy. We shall see... Knights abound are a good thing. For a Saracen, not so much.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

From what I understand, there will be many a Brother of the various Orders there on the first day.

As for Guy as a Templar proper, this might be a far fetched assumption. Although he had dealings with both Richard the Lionheart (family relations) and the Templars (the purchase and sale of Cyprus) he was never a member of the Order, even though he was buried at the Church of the Templars in Nicosia. This rendition (Guy the Templar or at least dressed like one) is one put forth by Ridley Scott and his production of Kingdom of Heaven. As with Reynald de Chatillion (not a Templar) in the movie which was a combination of actions that had been done by both the historical figure, those  of Gerard de Ridefort (a real Templar), and things of Mr Scott's concoction.

Lord Clisto, I seek not to offend with this post, but only to correct history as it's taught to the younger generations today..through the big screen.

I look forward to meeting you and the other Brethren during this event.

Deus vult.

Lord Clisto of York

No offence taken, my brother. Just humor me in this... I know Guy was not a member which hollywood made him. He was actually a coward. But it looked good and I could play the arrogant bastard. LOL... It was later that he had dealings with Richard to keep in good graces when the throne of Jeruselam was in question.  And then he fled to other places.  So no offence at all, Warrior Monk. Believe me, I know my medieval history. I just thought with having Arthur and who knows who else playing a king there of fan filled or historic nature I may do the same with Guy. I just liked his role in the movie and figured it would be fun. My real side would be to do Richard though and probably will. 

Invictus Maneo

Lord Clisto

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Understood, as I've seen you as King Richard on TV before. ;D

Having Crusading Royalty present might be interesting. King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, and Richard and the Knights of unwavering faith. (Keepers of the Grail.......weren't Arthur's lads looking for that.......hhhmmmmmmm) ;)

Lord Clisto of York

Hell, Arthur was more into keeping camelot and fignting Mordrid. Although the Grail quest was on the minds of most protectors of good. But, do you think Arthur and his men couldnt find it since the Templars hid it so well? LOL.. that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. I have played both these men in the past, but to me Richard hits home every time due to my real family background and ties with he and his mother. It will be cool to have a large picture of everyone.

God Wills It!!

Lord Clisto

Romeo 'the' Red

The Arthur we are portraying is the Welsh version (ie.  the Pendragon) of the 530's.  We are trying our best not to do the Le Morte de Artur (French version).  THe knights that will be present will be Sir Gawain, Sir Tristan and Sir Lancelot......NO Guenivere (we are calling her dead, since this is Arthur's return.......taking place after Modred and Arthur met on the field of battle and did each other in......and Arthur is off to the Blessed Isles, whilst Modred is brought back by Morgaine). 

As part of the Robin Hood legend we will also be having Sir Guy of Gisborne. 

So if Richard makes an appearance we will have 2 Queens, 2 Kings and a Princess:
Queen E, Mary Queen of Scots, King Arthur and the Spanish Infanta, as well as Richard..... 
Sounds like fun. 

If you and your brethren (any of the knights) would like to join us in the parade, we would love to have you!  ('twill be at the hour of one starting at the Queen's glade)....I'll catch up with you at opening gate....

Adam
Sir Walter Raleigh
Chairman of the Fishers Renaissance Faire
Founding member of The Hey Nonny Nonny Players  (aka Pirate

Lord Clisto of York

This really sounds like fun. Looking forward to it. So, maybe I should wear my red as I did one day last year, at least one of the days.

Sir William Marcus

As the gathering of Crusaders is being respectfully advertised...

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Sir William Marcus

Lord Clisto of York

I do believe we managed to fill the quota of knights wanted from far and wide across the realm. I do believe we had from Indiana, Wisconsin, Alabama and Ohio. After all .........................

GOD WILLED IT!!!!

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on October 08, 2010, 04:26:24 AM
I do believe we managed to fill the quota of knights wanted from far and wide across the realm. I do believe we had from Indiana, Wisconsin, Alabama and Ohio. After all .........................

GOD WILLED IT!!!!

Lord Clisto of York

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

I'd just like to personally thank all our knightly brethren who were able to come to the Gathering this year!  I love the pictures!  I hope you all had a wonderful time (despite the authentic English weather Saturday ;)  ) and we shall see you again next year at our beautiful new location:  Saxony!- on Olio Rd. and 131st street in Fishers, IN, just a few miles east of this past year's location at Conner Prairie.  Best wishes to all and safe journeys until then!

Sincerely,

The Black Knight