News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Loaning Garb

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, June 19, 2010, 07:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: arbcoind on August 28, 2012, 07:08:07 AM
Renee and Rowen, thank you for your input.  You have some very good ideas.  These ladies don't care to be regulars at Faire.  They just want to go once a year and borrow any and all things.  They've asked me to get them free tickets, which I'm not able to do...so...I think we can all conclude that they want a free day at faire!

Gina
Gina, your last post pretty much explains it all. Take a hint from the (failed) War on Drugs...just say "No!"
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

arbcoind

Thanks Merlin.  I suppose I didn't convey that in my renewal of the thread.  I now have the will and the ammunition to "just say no".   And not feel bad about it.

I am very appreciative to everyone who gave suggestions.  I will keep all in mind for my closer friends and family should they approach me about borrowing garb.

Gina

Yrose

I've had both good and bad experiences loaning garb. All from getting it back dry cleaned and pressed to having to almost beg to get it back and it be covered in cat hair in a winked glob. Luckily it has all been my beginner garb or things that don't fit any longer. But I've become VERY selective of loaning garb and will say no.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

cowgrrl

I've only loaned garb to my mom for Halloween. The funniest part was getting her to understand that the pieces she needed were very loosely sized & yes she could wear ones my husband wore.
I have a few friends I might loan separates to but never my corsets. One is a Moresca, one is a reversible under bust & the third is leather and was custom made for me. No way am I loaning out that much money.

Dinobabe

It's not that my garb is expensive, it's just precious to me!  I (or my mom/grandma) made everything so it is literally irreplaceable. ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com