News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Good Doublet Pattern

Started by LadyStitch, June 11, 2010, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorcha

I have made that pattern as well.
DH actually wanted it EXACTLY like in the photo.  So that's what I made.  Same fabric and all.
You can see it here in my DD:
http://coamrey.livejournal.com/1004.html#cutid1
I did not add a collar and I think it looks okay with a high necked chemise.  I think there's a photo with a shot of the neck area too.

DragonWing

Glad to hear this pattern works well. I am doing two doublets, long and short, from it. Well frankly I am doing all the pieces. Two full sets.

gaadsss...I've got to get busy. (runs off to plot my sewing)
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

DragonWing

Sorcha, thank you for posting your project as it progressed that will help me a lot.
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Cilean

I am still going to give you Margo's Patterns for Gentlemen.  Because it has a boatload of information and suggestions and so you can follow these because they don't speak "Sewingese" and they do speak basic English. 
www.margospatterns.com

It is an all in one type of thing and you can use it all of the time!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Butch

Hmmm, I'll probably need to make the leap over to her patterns someday.

LadyStitch

The 50 buck price tag is one I'm still having trouble swallowing but considering all you get with it, and it is HA.... it isn't THAT bad.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

gem

...And considering how often you in particular are apt to use a pattern, it does cushion the blow somewhat. Make the doublet 5 times--in wildly different sizes--and it's almost a bargain.

Cilean

I iron the iron on interlining and my pieces are around since the first shipment of the Patterns and some of my patterns I had from way back before Margo I also have them when they came out from the big 3 and they are some of them anyway almost 18 years old.

I have my Margo's in Binders that I keep all of the groupings together.  They do have such useful information, and no they are more H/A than others.

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Margo Anderson pattern packages are a good deal if they are going to be used a lot. The Instruction booklet that comes with the pattern is worth the money spent!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde