News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Eastern Shore MD Renstock

Started by Steev, May 01, 2010, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steev

;D ;D ;D

Hey all!  Last bump for the thread before the event- I hope that any of you without plans for this weekend can be convinced to join us for our renaissance camping "be-in".  If you are not into camping, please consider dropping in for the day on Saturday or Sunday.  We've got privvies, a hand-washing station, a BIIIG grill, there are paths and gathering places in the fields and woods, 3 canoes and 2 kayaks, plenty of parking, camping spots and firewood.  We should even have a performance by one of the Aerial Angels from MDRF as well as the Bubble Wright and his Renaissance Bubble Machine (and his 41" RC pirate ship...).

AND, in addition to a huge bonfire in one of the fields, we have the option to show outdoor movies on the big screen:  I'm thinking Monty Python's Holy Grail, Elizabeth:The Golden Age, Jabberwocky, LOTR, or anything else that people want to bring on DVD.

Hope you can make it.  Renmail me for directions or call-301 575 6825

Steve Shumaker
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

Peddlin

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make it, this time. As it turns out, I have to work this weekend, but I wish you all a wonderful time.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Steev

Ah, Peddlin, we'll miss you. Are Laird Guard'n and company still attending?

Benedict Browne

Is this a garb event, or semi-garb or nobody really cares? Period tents only, campers and RV's or nobody really cares? Just curious.  Would like to attend, but not in the stars at this time. Maybe next year if it happens again. 

Thanks,

Scott
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

Peddlin

Hey, Steve -

Not sure if he is going to make it, or not. He is still debating.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Tixi

Water. Bring plenty of water.

Steev

Peddlin, Oh please let Laird & Co. come- we need the attendance!  Not too much worry about the heat- I'm setting up in heavily shaded areas.

Steev

Quote from: Benedict Browne on July 23, 2010, 07:38:01 AM
Is this a garb event, or semi-garb or nobody really cares? Period tents only, campers and RV's or nobody really cares? Just curious.  Would like to attend, but not in the stars at this time. Maybe next year if it happens again. 

Thanks,

Scott

It's a garb if you're bold but not to worry if you're a noble w. 50 layers or don't feel like getting camp debris on your $500 outfit!  Hope yto see you next year, BB.

Steev

Oh, and it's tents, RVs, whatever.  We have a somewhat removed site for RVs and trailers that want to run generators.  Cars will also be parked somewhat remotely, and for those who want isolation, there's plenty of space to wander off and be anti-social!  ;)

Peddlin

Hey Steve -

I told him that it is fine with me, if he goes, and I thought he would really enjoy it. I asked him about an hour ago, and he said he still didn't know. He is not feeling well this morning, so he said he would see how he feels later.

I am sorry that I can't make it, because it sounds like a really good time, but maybe next year.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Steev

Hope Guard'n feels better.  We have had a fun and low-key start- Wool'n and Cool'n, April, JoAnne, and my fam sitting around a campfire and shooting the breeze.  VERY hot out in the sun but thankfully cooler in the forest and a nice breeze tonight.  I'd advise lightweight garb or clothing vs. 5 layers of noble garb, however!