News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fairy Festival 2008

Started by Scarlett, June 02, 2008, 07:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett

Well, the Fairy Festival is the last weekend of the month.  I, for one, am curious to see the changed version.  Especially when the first two years were so nice and seemed to only get better each year.  It will be odd with no performers to entertain us.

Morwyn and I are planning to go on Saturday.  And then it's off to Avaloch for opening day the following weekend!

So who's going and when?
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

DuCoeur

I will be there on, alas, on sunday.  Have to Work Saturday so that I can have the next weekend off

GLMF Yeah!!!!
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

GypsyWriter

Tracie & I have our kids that week end--we are planning to bring them to the Fairy Fest on Saturday--Matt too.  DuCoeur, we will miss you!

Our intention is to arrive EARLY for GLMF opening day--can't wait!!
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

chris the green

The Dark Faries won't be making it this year.  Let us know how things are, with all of the changes going on it should be interesting. {:(|) 

Morwyn

Oh no!  CtG you guys will be missed!  Yes, we are all very interested to see what the changes will bring...

..and Ducouer...we will let you slide on Saturday...but only because of GLMF  :)

Professor M

As I remember the old R/F crashed before we ever got an answer to the question: if someone performs and passes the hat, will they allow it?  We may have a bit of entertainment after all.  The first year they held it we had a great time with a spontaneous drum circle that occurred on Sunday.
I'll try to get there at least one day.  Maybe I'll wait until Sunday.  That way I can read reviews from those who go Saturday.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Scarlett

So, not much discussion on this topic.  Everyone is more excited over the GLMF opening day the following weekend. 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

DuCoeur

There is just no hype this year.  No postings from promoters or anything.  Is it still on???  I guess I will wait to see what Scarlett, and Morwyn Post on Saturday night.

Thanks for scouting it ahead of time...lol.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

TiaLD77

well So Far My cousin & I are still Going on Saturday, though if it rains we are headed to Indiana for Shopping :)
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)