News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SUPER SECRET! SHHH! tell everyone. lol.

Started by Shadow_Maiden, June 26, 2010, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow_Maiden

so i'm not "supposed" to "officially" announce it, but:
there is going to be a festival for a weekend in the Bellview/Ocala area.
it will be a one weekend event.
it will be for supporting local works/charities like The Refuge Rehabilitation center, Big Cats, and others.
it will have a small fight show.
and they are looking around doing it at the end of November.
how many of you would be interested in coming out to playtronize this event?
(did I mention I'll be there, waiting for hugs, arms open? tee-hee)

-mekaella, "lady jane"
"Life 'tis not a dress rehearsal, my fellow players, so get thine act together!"

Celtic_Fae

Only one weekend? I thought it was originally going to be two weekends: the last weekend in November and the first in December. First heard of him in January when he contacted Linda Piper of Gainesville. Glad to see so many people trying to boost the local faire communities in the mid/NE Florida section.  :)

Ambrosine

Would be awesome if we could go. Will really depend on the weekend it lands on. St ARRgustine is mid-novemeber and I have already requested those days off for work. Will also depend on our work situations, We just started talking of going for Jobs in the Orlando area and we may be in the midst of relocating?! I Love Big Cats and would do anything to try and help support them!
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Finnian

Ooo sounds cool, will it be after Camelot Days in the south west area of Florida? Which I think is like the 13/14th of November?

Shadow_Maiden

Days are up in the air right now, but he'll get them to me asap.
there will be a small local cast in the lanes, consisting of mostly students and actors from Ocala, Dunnellon, Bellview and the area.
I'll be there on cast, of course.
When I get the dates and our address, I'll post them!
"Life 'tis not a dress rehearsal, my fellow players, so get thine act together!"

Lady Rebecca

Ambios

If we've got the time, Lady Maud and I would love to come up and play with you!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Auryn

Depending on the weekend we would totally be interested.
Thanksgiving is the 25th this year so itd probably be good if it wasn't that weekend.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Venikins

Like Lady Raven said, I've already made plans to go to St. Arrrrgustine in Nov.
I fell in love w/ it last year w/ my mate & there's just no wait we can miss it. ^_^
Never Doubt yourself , unless your doing something stupid. -2 The Ranting Gryphon

Kate

Yep, it certainly makes November a busy month with Lady of the Lakes and St. Augustine...
Kate
Pink'n Penny

leinad

Depending on several factors,  not LOL or ST.Argg weekends  Escarlata and I could be Interested
If it,s only one weekend i should only take 2500 pictures or so.
Leinad, Gen"Teer"man Ranger

Shadow_Maiden

ok, so because of some restraints with sponsors, owners, producers and the space in which it will be held on, and as much consideration they could give to other festival dates as possible, the one weekend  medieval/fantasy festival will have it's debut on November 20th. and closing gate will be the night of the 21st!
there has never been a festival in Belleview/Ocala before, never of this nature and size, as far as we've been told, so we are all very excited!
more info soooooonnnn!!!!!!

-Mekaella,
"lady jane grey"

Esperanza McDaniels

Quote from: Kate on July 07, 2010, 09:07:43 AM
Yep, it certainly makes November a busy month with Lady of the Lakes and St. Augustine...

And the Sarasota Medieval Festival is the weekend after St Arrg
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Shadow_Maiden

Unfortunate move up date wise for the calendar! November 13th 11am-5pm. :( but at least it is happening at all!  :)

Kate

That's the weekend of St. Arg for which I already have passes and a hotel room.
Kate
Pink'n Penny