News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Elgin Western Days Parade!

Started by Queen Bonnie, June 27, 2010, 10:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

We had a good turnout for the parade! We were in the front-#8. The Sherwood Entry took Second prize! Huzzah to all who participated.   The Cool off party at Meow Manor was fun and the pool sure was good after a hot parade. Lets do it again next year! Thanks to Lynn and Zane for their organization and thanks to all who came out to let people in Elgin know how much fun Sherwood Forest Faire is!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

dbaldock

I took 30 pictures of the Sherwood Forest Faire folks as they passed by me in the Elgin Western Days Parade yesterday morning.

They've all been uploaded to a set on my Flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24964494@N04/sets/72157624368098714/

Do you see anyone you recognize?   ;)  :D

Sample shot of SWFF folks in the Elgin Western Days Parade on Saturday morning, 26-Jun-10.
(Click on the image to see the full size 4288x2848 photo)

The pictures of the whole parade are in this set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24964494@N04/sets/72157624241085799/

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Queen Bonnie

Great pictures David! We looked good!
Wingardium Leviosa!

K5LYN

David, those pictures made a great slide show.  I especially like the one with the Red Second Place ribbon hanging on the Sherwood Banner, and also the Renaissance Jambox I made, sitting on the front seat of the carriage.  It was playing Circa Paleo.
Gypsy Palmist

Rani Zemirah

It certainly looks like everyone was having a good time, particularly those who got to ride!  Now THAT's the way to participate in a parade!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Queen Bonnie

It was so hot- some of us needed to ride.As Lord a used to say-"27 aint like 26!" I could walk that parade- no problem - if it was not 93 degrees out!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Rani Zemirah

I hear you!!!  My renlet and I almost made it all the way through the Scarby parade route when we were invited to walk it with the Gypsies, but once we got to the "ice bridge" (where they were handing out water and ice) I just couldn't make it another step!!!  Well, then again, I would have made it all the way walking... but trying to do it dancing was something altogether different!!!   :D  I really did wonder if it was possible to just melt into the ground at one point...  :o

It's wonderful to have such a lovely carriage to ride in, however, and how fitting that the Queen of Everything was there to grace it's presence!  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Queen Bonnie

Scarby can get too hot! Dancing the parade is really energetic!
The carriage was a nice touch! Much better than a pick up truck- but that would have been OK too! It is sometimes good to be Queen! LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!

ThreeAcreRanch Soaps

Don't Forget the Elgin Hogeye Festival in October.

Queen Bonnie

I will be at TRF then.
I used to perform at Hogeye. I was a Sowpreme for 7 years. Before that Lord A and I did the Antique car show. Hog Eye does not have a parade.
Wingardium Leviosa!