News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

east coast RVers or Truckers- need some help please

Started by Auryn, June 27, 2010, 05:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

Hi all
I need to pick the brain of people that have traveled the east coast of the US in a large RV or with large transport trucks.
I wish it was because I am going on vacation in an RV but I am not.
I have to deliver a 25 foot boat (30' long behind the truck, 16 feet tall and weighing 5000lbs) from south Florida to just north of Boston.
I am driving it - leaving early Thursday morning of this coming week and hopefully getting there some time Friday.

I was hoping someone here had any experience or could recommend specific hotels, gas stations or rest stops along I-95 that are easier to navigate with such a beast.

There will be 2 of us. We are hoping to be able to do it non stop as it would be risky to stop at a hotel with the boat- can't risk the boat getting stolen. Our plan is to take off around 3 or 4 am thursday morning. Switch off drivers every 120 miles or so when we stop for gas so that we can take turns napping.

On the way back we will be able to stop to sleep since the trailer will be empty, but it will still be 30'long plus the truck- hence the hotel recommendations.

Thanks for reading this.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec