News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Confession

Started by Lady Kett, June 28, 2010, 08:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyShadow

What setting do you use on the iron to iron patterns?  I'm always soooooo afraid of burning them, I usually tape mine as flat as possible on the table and draw onto some paper that I have.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Sitara

I use the lowest heat setting when ironing patterns and have never had so much as a scorch mark.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Kate XXXXXX

I use whatever setting the iron was on for the fabric - usually hot!  never scorched a pattern yet.

LadyShadow

Wow.  thank you guys, I'll have to give it a try next pattern

Molden

Bless me Father for I have sinned...a LOT! It's been a loooooong tyme since my last confession...

Sorry - I've been ACHING to say that since I saw the subject lyne.  ;)

I now return you to your much more productive discussion.  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

DragonWing

LOL @ Molden

I turn mine on dry, no steam, and medium to high heat. Never scortched one yet. Same as Kate
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

LadyStitch

If you press them after you use them they can even go back in their original sleeve, belive it or not.  Me I just press them then put them in their baggie. Then they are filed in their correct box. Less mess that way, and no more  "What happened to that one really important piece I need for that project?"  syndrome  when you want to use the pattern again.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Kate XXXXXX

I press them all back into place and shape AND add the traced off ones!  They all go back in the envelope!

Lady Kett

TAH DAH! We have bloomers! Well, mostly. I need to re-engineer the bottom part to put some trim and a ribbon-tie in (on?) but that will have to wait till I can pester Sidekick. He's the one who ripped apart the originals and I can't quite figure it out. Yet! :)

Sorry for the crappy picture. I'm about as good at photography as I am at sewing, ha!

Baroness de Vale

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Kate XXXXXX

BLOOMERS!

I put eyelet lace on these.  They have been much admired!  Vicky thinks it's hilarious that people want to photograph her drawers!   ;D ;D

Victorian pattern slightly adapted for modern use.

LadyShadow

Great job Lady Kett.

Rosamundi

Ooh, them is fine bloomers! I love the lace, which imho belongs on every underthing in copious quantity. Nice work Lady Kett!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Lady Rosalind

Nice bloomers!

I decided I needed a new pair of bloomers (additional, actually, since one pair got ripped in the front, and will be difficult to repair). I raided the clearance rack at Target, and found a cute, if somewhat wild, pair for about $6:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41h%2BrbOdsqL._AA260_.jpg