News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Having your picture taken at faire?

Started by theChuck, September 20, 2008, 11:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelynn of Georgina

I remember reading the fine print on some of the websites and tickets for the venues I've been to and it mentions that by attending the event you are basically granting permission for your picture/likeness to be published on websites, used for promotion, etc. 
Just sayin...

I am of the same opinion as most folks here... if I am going to spend the money on garb, and the time to get all garbed up, I don't mind at all if people want to take my picture.  I find that my kids get asked for photos far more often than I do, but we do get asked quite a bit when we are all together as a family.  People think it's "cute" or "nice" that the whole family gets dressed up...

My little inside voice always says, "Isn't that the POINT?" LOL

Hausfrau Monica

I take it as a huge compliment when we are asked for photos.  The kids are asked more often than I am since their garb is more elaborate than mine.  But, it still was fun to be mobbed by the Japanese tourists at Casa Loma.

Three of us (all garbed) were in the great hall at Casa Loma.  One was leaving for the day and the other asked if we could have a picture all together...so, for our own enjoyment...the camera was handed to hubby..he steps back and lifts the camera, we do the cluster thing and at least six other cameras were in a ring around us.  LOL...that was fun.