News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Garbing in Florida

Started by amanet17, July 06, 2010, 09:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amanet17

Does anyone know of any seamstresses in Florida, I am looking for Tudor garbing for my husband and I, my husband who is never into dressing up for anything wants to do Henry VIII this year and he has even given me clearance to go all out for he wants something that will look and feel authentic, i don't want any factory made costumes. Our renaissance faire is not until next year so i can't visit any vendors and a lot of them don't even have websites. I'm looking for any seamstresses that can make something by October.

isabelladangelo

There are many seamstresses on and off the boards but I'm not sure of any that live in Florida specifically.  However, many are willing to create an outfit for out of state customers; you just need to do the measuring yourself!

Lady Rebecca

Where in FL are you? I'm trying to get into custom-made garb, though I have only had a few customers so far. I'm located in Orlando, and would be happy to send you pictures of my work if you're interested.

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: amanet17 on July 06, 2010, 09:20:03 AM
Does anyone know of any seamstresses in Florida, I am looking for Tudor garbing for my husband and I, my husband who is never into dressing up for anything wants to do Henry VIII this year and he has even given me clearance to go all out for he wants something that will look and feel authentic, i don't want any factory made costumes. Our renaissance faire is not until next year so i can't visit any vendors and a lot of them don't even have websites. I'm looking for any seamstresses that can make something by October.

What faire will you be going to? Just curious, since I am also in Florida. She's not local, but Lady Katheen of Olmstead did my Elizabethan court garb that I wear to Lady of the Lakes (primarily) but she also can do other periods. As for not being local for doing proper measurements: you can either get someone you know to help measure you or go to a local seamstress (who just doesn't specialize in the intricacies that is Renaissance garb) and get professionally measured.

spikey

Stimpzilla's Sumptuary Law is in Florida.   She makes all my wife's garb, and some of mine.  www.stmpzillasumptuarylaw.com